Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Free IPv6 News Servers

Quote Originally Posted by executioner View Post
    Found an easier way to get IPv6 without the need for a tunnel broker eg. Go6 tunnelbroker.net or SixxS.

Easiest way is if you have utorrent goto Option/preferences/General
    then click the tab that says Install IPv6/teredo
    and walla IPv6 connection straight out the box with SabNzbd+

must have windows Vista or Windows XP with atleast Service Pack 2
    If I am behind a router that does not work for me. Should we set something else?

2. Newsgroups   -   #82
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I'm behind a router too, and I can do all that junk. And you will have IPv6 but no tunnel
    [center]

3. Newsgroups   -   #83
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    I'm behind a router too, and I can do all that junk. And you will have IPv6 but no tunnel
    Which port have you got open for this?

Thanks.

4. Newsgroups   -   #84
    The router is just set up normal, no other ports I "opened".
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #85
    I think there are any open port. Otherwise I would not explain the following messages when I'm behind a router:

Code:
    2009-04-28 23:36:36,437 ERROR [newswrapper] Failed to connect: (10049, "Can't assign requested address") [email protected]:119
    2009-04-28 23:36:37,125 ERROR [newswrapper] Failed to connect: (10049, "Can't assign requested address") [email protected]:119
    2009-04-28 23:36:38,530 ERROR [newswrapper] Failed to connect: (10049, "Can't assign requested address") [email protected]:119
    2009-04-28 23:36:38,530 ERROR [newswrapper] Failed to connect: (10049, "Can't assign requested address") [email protected]:119

6. Newsgroups   -   #86
    Well my routers is setup from package to plug in, no additional settings, and all forms of the IPv6 connections work for me, even uTorrent works like it should.
    [center]

7. Newsgroups   -   #87
    freshwater
    I'm using Windows XP with SP3.

I signed up at Tunnelbroker. I got the following error:

Error: Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked.

I googled "enable icmp windows xp" and did the following:

Control Panel > Network Connections > Right-clicked on my connection, Properties > Advanced > Windows Firewall, Settings > Advanced > ICMP, Settings > Check Allow incoming echo request

I got the same error again.

I went to go6.net, registered, and installed the Gateway6 client.

I was unable to share my internet connection (ethernet behind a router on a cable modem) with that connection.

It kept saying:
    Internet Connection Sharing cannot be established.

A LAN connection is already configured with the IP address that is required for automatic IP addressing.

I gave up on that.

In uTorrent > Options > Prefences > General, I clicked Install IPv6/Teredo and nothing happened AFAIK.

I ran these two commands in Windows:
    netsh interface ipv6 install
    netsh interface ipv6 set teredo client

And looked at this forum:
    http://forum.go6.net/viewtopic.php?t=99

I added 3653 to the port forwarding settings in my router (since apparently Gateway6 uses that port to establish the tunnel).

Gateway6 was able to connect to authenticated.freenet6.net with my username and password.

Finally, go6.net showed my IPv6 address (after restarting Firefox). And I saw the flying turtle at kame.net.

But the following newsservers don't work in Grabit:
    reader.ipv6.xsnews.nl
    newszilla6.xs4all.nl
    news.ipv6.eweka.nl

I already have an Astraweb account (that works in Grabit), but only use it sparingly.

I also ran this command with no effect:
    netsh interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=119 connectaddress=news.ipv6.eweka.nl connectport=119

That was my experience. YMMV.

8. Newsgroups   -   #88
    executioner's Avatar Tis Me BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by freshwater View Post
    I'm using Windows XP with SP3.

I signed up at Tunnelbroker. I got the following error:

Error: Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked.

I googled "enable icmp windows xp" and did the following:

Control Panel > Network Connections > Right-clicked on my connection, Properties > Advanced > Windows Firewall, Settings > Advanced > ICMP, Settings > Check Allow incoming echo request

I got the same error again.

I went to go6.net, registered, and installed the Gateway6 client.

I was unable to share my internet connection (ethernet behind a router on a cable modem) with that connection.

It kept saying:
    Internet Connection Sharing cannot be established.

A LAN connection is already configured with the IP address that is required for automatic IP addressing.

I gave up on that.

In uTorrent > Options > Prefences > General, I clicked Install IPv6/Teredo and nothing happened AFAIK.

I ran these two commands in Windows:
    netsh interface ipv6 install
    netsh interface ipv6 set teredo client

And looked at this forum:
    http://forum.go6.net/viewtopic.php?t=99

I added 3653 to the port forwarding settings in my router (since apparently Gateway6 uses that port to establish the tunnel).

Gateway6 was able to connect to authenticated.freenet6.net with my username and password.

Finally, go6.net showed my IPv6 address (after restarting Firefox). And I saw the flying turtle at kame.net.

But the following newsservers don't work in Grabit:
    reader.ipv6.xsnews.nl
    newszilla6.xs4all.nl
    news.ipv6.eweka.nl

I already have an Astraweb account (that works in Grabit), but only use it sparingly.

I also ran this command with no effect:
    netsh interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=119 connectaddress=news.ipv6.eweka.nl connectport=119

That was my experience. YMMV.
    Try thhis one:

netsh interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=1119 connectaddress=news.ipv6.eweka.nl connectport=119

in grabit use these settings

Server address: 127.0.0.1
    port: 1119
    Connections: 8

9. Newsgroups   -   #89
    Quote Originally Posted by executioner View Post
    Try this one:

netsh interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=1119 connectaddress=news.ipv6.eweka.nl connectport=119

in grabit use these settings

Server address: 127.0.0.1
    port: 1119
    Connections: 8
    When I Try this..., It says me that "one does not find the command: interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=1119 connectaddress=news.ipv6.eweka.nl connectport=119"

I have installed ipv6 but don't be what's happens

10. Newsgroups   -   #90
    You have to have the go6 client running, after the tunnel is installed, go to network, click you internet connection and share it with the virtual tunnel. Reboot, install Sabnzb or use the command above and it will work, if you followed my step by step instructions in the beginning of the thread.
    [center]

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast