Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Uk Travel

My employer is suggesting that I cross the Atlantic.

If an American were to vistit the Uk, is there anything he should be aware of to protect his safety?

Would an American accent in certain places be dangerous?

In other words, if someone were coming to the UK, what advice would you give?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Which part of the UK ?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Very Large Member
    So long as you use your commonn sense and keep your wits about you then you will be fine.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by JPaul@15 September 2003 - 00:27
    Which part of the UK ?
    Let us presume that anywhere is possible. Would that matter? Remember, I will be happy to vist and counsel Hypoluxa.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by hobbes@14 September 2003 - 23:24

If an American were to vistit the Uk, is there anything he should be aware of to protect his safety?

Bring a raincoat....and dont touch the swill they call beer in the south

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Very Large Member
    Ill agree with that.Just visit the north.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+15 September 2003 - 00:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced &#064; 15 September 2003 - 00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@14 September 2003 - 23:24

Bring a raincoat....and dont touch the swill they call beer in the south [/b][/quote]
    RF,

In 1993, I spent 2 weeks in London, I understand the climate, I was just wondering about the response of locals to an obvious American.

When I was in France, they were rude little turds.

edited decade of travel

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Generally the British people, like the American people, dont give a stuff about world politics; its the person they look at.

Unless of course, your planning on doing a SWAT at a Mosque or something

I certainly have never heard of any "racism" towards Americans...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Very Large Member
    Americans are welcome all over the UK.You wont have a problem here at all.As for the French ............dont get me started on them.........

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Most places of interest are full of foreigners anyway so you would go unnoticed. I lived in Cambridge for a while and Chester for a few years and there would be at least 30 different nationalities in the city centre at any one time (including many americans). I have probably appeared on hundreds of holiday photos when doing my shopping in the background. One time I was in London adn was trying to ask for directions adn it wasn&#39;t until the 5th person that they spoke english.
    My wife&#39;s from another country and was nervous about living here but was amazed by the multinational society we have.
    Enjoy your trip and follow the Lonely planet guide book or something like it.

Recommendations:
    London
    Cornwall (only in the summer)
    Bath
    Cambridge
    Chester
    Manchester
    and long winding roads through the countryside.

As far as anywhere unsafe?.........As in any city in the world there are rougth parts to each one but - why would you go to that part of town (and they arn&#39;t so bad anyway)?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast