Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ratio Proofs from different sites

dragoi92's Avatar prince of darknes BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    i think that the best way is to know a person than u can give him invite
    Only ,Dragoi92

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    vic's Avatar Poster
    anybody can buy a seedbox.
    Last edited by vic; 02-03-2009 at 06:44 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by vic View Post
    so whats wrong with the same. upload connections are not really strong in a lot of places.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    vic's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by elya9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vic View Post
    so whats wrong with the same. upload connections are not really strong in a lot of places.
    I didn't say it's wrong, just that ratio proofs - prove nothing.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    central2rbay's Avatar The H.K. Guru BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by D1zkK1ll View Post
    maybe your chance is higher if you are part of a small community.. because only good members are on this communitys..
    Quite true and has held most water for me in terms of receiving invites to the more private communities. Building social networks with elite users on sites you're already on, and sites such as FST is key - despite it being more duration intensive - pays off in the end, and get to meet some cool peeps. Being an active member of any community, with a solid long-term rep > any ratio & speed proof.

Best of luck!

Central2RBay

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Shadow876's Avatar Torrents Rules ! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    I would ask through pm for direct links to your tracker profile's, because you haven't formed an identity on FST yet and I have nothing else to judge you by. Then I would make sure you have the same username's on most of the sites, or else I might assume that you've gotten your accounts via giveaway/trade. I wouldn't want the risk of an active trader in my invite tree.

I agree with you have to be cautious about who you invite, after been ban from tracker from wich you invited the wrong person i understand you become more vigilante about who you choose, but you can't judge someone for having or not the same username on most of sites. This is not conclusive. This might indicates but doesn't mean this person is a trader.

Me for instance, i have different usernames and different passwords on all of my trackers and here also and that has nothing to do with trading. This is for security purpose. I'm sure i am not the only one to do this and this does'nt makes us traders. Just to make a point.

Ratio proof accompanied by duration of membership is a good way to show your understanding of ratio system and show the dedication to keep a high ratio and reflect how active you are on the tracker. Of course your internet connection speed will influence considerably all this, hence comes the speedtest.
    I hope one day i get invited to HDBits...

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow876 View Post
    Me for instance, i have different usernames and different passwords on all of my trackers and here also and that has nothing to do with trading. This is for security purpose. I'm sure i am not the only one to do this and this does'nt makes us traders. Just to make a point.
    It doesn't mean you are a trader but simply having different usernames puts you in a higher risk category. If you were asked to provide ratio proofs then those proofs could belong to anybody but if every one of those proofs had the same username and possibly the same username that you use here then you become in theory more trustworthy.

I'm not saying you aren't trustworthy by the way I'm just saying how it could be perceived.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    From what I know in very much forums like fst it is said to dont have the same username as on trackers , and I think that it easier for traders to not get caught but also some have the same name everywhere and that makes them more trustworthy or just stupid because they didnt read the rules .

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    because only good members are on this communitys..

I could show you some things that would break you of this belief

@ OP, I really honestly think that screenshots are a poor way to show your activity level. As has been stated, they are too easily faked to be even remotely considered "proof" of anything. Post history is usually my number one resource for checking up on people that might want an invite, and if lacking that, profile links(always in pm of course ).
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    maybe your chance is higher if you are part of a small community.. because only good members are on this communitys..
    LOLOLOL
    some of those sites that don't require an application form, probably have the highest percent per capita of traders.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    I would ask through pm for direct links to your tracker profile's, because you haven't formed an identity on FST yet and I have nothing else to judge you by. Then I would make sure you have the same username's on most of the sites, or else I might assume that you've gotten your accounts via giveaway/trade. I wouldn't want the risk of an active trader in my invite tree.
    well, the times i invited someone from here, and i didn't have a very clear perspective of who that person was, what i did was to ask direct URL's to their profile links and confirm me via PM on that site that it were them.
    as soon as someone showed the slightest sign of hesitation, no invite for you.

of course this isn't 100% foulproof, but helps to eliminate many potential people with bad intentions. Especially if you tell them in advance that if they cheat on that account, you will do all that is at your extent to get them banned from every site you remember contacting.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast