Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: how to join revolt ?

Shalafi's Avatar The Trader BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    They opened signups last year for a while.You can get in next time just follow

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    Nope LueLinks. Luelinks is the best. Or better yet, Potuk jk Potuk is food compare to Revolt.

Is the goat loving site better than Revolt btw??
    I've really no idea, has i'm only at the goat, like you. the idea i have is that they are not so different at all, with the difference that at revolt they have instituted a small tracker to share some files amongst them, and at the goat people can request invites to some sites. usually, as you see, those are the hard to get ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    It's a forum full of cookies where all the serious BT discussions take place imo(besides the goat jokes). Also One of the reasons CE took a fall.

Iīm sorry but when I see in those so noble, pure and virginal forums that higher ranks can request and give invites, my alarm rings. And Iīm making reference to the goat, the sheep, the cow and whatever, all of them.
    I like transparency and things being called by their name, all those sites are not more than trendy-fancy-hypocrite trading invites sites in disguise. Here traders get invite per invite, there they get invites by kissing ass, being hypocrite or because they know each and every anachronism related to laugh and are masters in when and how to post them.
    Besides, I have not seen yet the first debate or topic that hasnīt been posted and discussed here before. The difference is that only self-claimed good users are allowed to sign in, although in many cases some of them have a black record bigger than Al Caponeīs.
    That yes it is elitism, the worst class in my opinion.
    relax mate!
    i think you have a wrong conception of the goat (assuming you aren't yet member there ).
    it's a forum, very much against trading, and no giveaways whatsoever either. So, yes, the kiss-ass theory you talk about may apply (and i've seen it there often, especially because no one requests TL or IPT, it's only FTN, FSC, FTWR etc etc), but in such a reduced number of members i find it hard some might had escaped the fish net.

i don't know much about revolt except for those members that were banned and of course insult everybody there. but of course, i don't care about biased comments.

I think this kind of sites should be left alone, because it's not for the ordinary torrenter, just for those who already see bittorrent community in a broader perspective.

heck, 99% of the users here would probably be disappointed with revolt's tracker.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 02-04-2009 at 07:09 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened View Post
    Furthermore, the Admin is a real A**hole and if U want to feel like walking on egg shells everytime U log into their site, then join by all means.
    you're not talking about system are you? ive talked to him multiple times and he's one of the smartest and nicest guys i have met on any torrent site, i've even made a couple requests to him personally that usually arent granted on most sites and he said ok without hesitation and was very nice about it in the process. i know opinions will differ but i have a hard time seeing him just randomly being a dick to anyone that didnt deserve it. but of course this is all if you are actually talking about system, i think you are though.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    benficao's Avatar All over you Face!
    lets all drink from the goat and close this, no collectors whill gain nothing from this. i think.

ps: the admin is a real ass hole ? lololololol

liar, chill out pinoquio.

ps: detale think about it..... it makes sense.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    it's a forum, very much against trading, and no giveaways whatsoever either. So, yes, the kiss-ass theory you talk about may apply (and i've seen it there often, especially because no one requests TL or IPT, it's only FTN, FSC, FTWR etc etc), but in such a reduced number of members i find it hard some might had escaped the fish net.
    So, after all Iīm not so wrong... I mean, no matter how good the disguise is, the thing is that the final goal and only reason for many of those reduced number of members is to get only high level trackers.
    If itīs all about chatting, discussing, teaching-learning-sharing and blablabla... why not to remove any trace of the invite thingy?.
    Here a poor guy comes asking for an invite to TL is insulted and target for any kind of jokes, in those sites people ask for Mango and there are 20 morons wishing him good luck in public and bad luck in private... mostly because the odds thing.... you know: if you get one thatīs once chance less I have.

This is the biggest and best display cabinet ... If you are a good torrenter what you donīt get here, forget it... you wonīt get it in any other site... unless you wear other outfit there.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    so that's where that pirateeagle guys was coming from...
    LOL well thi sis still unconfirmed so

Revolt is a hangout for users like benchez. I know another private forum that makes revolt look like a joke
    I know a public forum that makes them all look like jokes

Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

Is the goat loving site better than Revolt btw??
    Detale could proabably answer that for us. I'm interested to read is opinion of the two.
    No Im not a member there sorry to dissapoint

Quote Originally Posted by interwebz View Post
    you're not talking about system are you? ive talked to him multiple times and he's one of the smartest and nicest guys i have met on any torrent site, i've even made a couple requests to him personally that usually arent granted on most sites and he said ok without hesitation and was very nice about it in the process. i know opinions will differ but i have a hard time seeing him just randomly being a dick to anyone that didnt deserve it. but of course this is all if you are actually talking about system, i think you are though.
    In all honesty I use to think this about him myself. Then this recent unpleasantness occurred and he was no where to be found. Not even an answer as to why. I thought more of him. So be careful who you idolize my man

Quote Originally Posted by benficao View Post
    ps: detale think about it..... it makes sense.
    Uhhh What does? I was never even given a reason from them. I don't care about the ban honestly it was no loss on my part and I prob would have gotten banned for inactivity anyway. The way it was handled was the part that is totally fucked and uncalled for. I held them in the highest reguard and I expected a classier ban I guess lol. I say again be careful who you idolize

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    do this guys like to be flame?????why they ask this questions

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    vic's Avatar Poster
    Detale i think it only makes sense that a forum that is against torrent traders will ban someone who banned a trader hunter. ( i'm not trying to take part in the equation just staying neutral and this makes sense to me ).

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    It has been said a dozen times. We are just a forum/irc. The tracker is only for requests and bullshit. For reference there are only 12 torrents listed at this time.

You might think we are elitist because we've never had serious open signups and we are careful about who to invite but imho that is perfectly normal for a group of friends. Or you might think that we are elitist because we do have a few people that probably actually know something about the workings of Computers, Networks, BitTorrent Protocol, Trackers, Communities and/or the Internet and they can be vocal about things they opose or support. But there is enough fun and bullshit (oh and pr0n ) on the forums to compensate for those fun little discussions/outburts

The fact is the people that are actively looking to join Revolt usually don't fit in. The people that don't care about revolt but are simply fun to hang out with or have chats with are a lot more likely to feel right at home

-- a long-term Revolt member.
    Last edited by spectator1; 02-04-2009 at 10:36 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    PlayeR's Avatar (•̃͡-̮•̃͡) BT Rep: +5
    I am interested. I wanna join and see its forum and members and hang out there. and hopefully, I will like it.
    I know they opened last year. I have read a thread abt it. and alot of people got in but also a lot of people got banned too because of inactivity. so they prob wont open signups again.
    so I am interested to join. but how can I join?.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast