Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: how to join revolt ?

wow, I see a lot of hate and good points about revolt.
    @detale, so you got disabled at revolt, live with it and stop spitting your dummy, time you stopped going round saying this that and other about staff and the running of the place, I know a few staff on there, even tho I'm not a member of place, I still have high regards for staff and members alike at revolt.
    As for the rest of you that never even been members there, get your facts right before you start dissing the place.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    So, after all I´m not so wrong... I mean, no matter how good the disguise is, the thing is that the final goal and only reason for many of those reduced number of members is to get only high level trackers.
    You can never exclude the members you are talking about and I'm sure they are making requests, but I have never seen such a request being filled there.

Same rules apply there as they do elsewhere, even at FST, you won't get hard-to-get invites if you don't make friends. But it's a whole lot easier for most people to make friends on such a board, as here on FST, where you have an abundance of traders/cheaters and other trash hanging around.

I find it rather strange you are spreading such things about a forum you only recently joined. Maybe you should do some more reading and explore some of the requests and discussions of the past.

What is wrong in being a forum, where friends hang out and discuss topics that might already been discussed elsewhere. It's all about having fun with friends. Not everybody sees it that way, but I for one keep reminding some of the lesser noble members what the purpose of such forum is, and it ain't the invites (or at least it shouldn't be).
    Can you feel the LOVE

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator1 View Post

You might think we are elitist because we've never had serious open signups and we are careful about who to invite but imho that is perfectly normal for a group of friends. Or you might think that we are elitist because we do have a few people that probably actually know something about the workings of Computers, Networks, BitTorrent Protocol, Trackers, Communities and/or the Internet and they can be vocal about things they opose or support. But there is enough fun and bullshit (oh and pr0n ) on the forums to compensate for those fun little discussions/outburts

The fact is the people that are actively looking to join Revolt usually don't fit in. The people that don't care about revolt but are simply fun to hang out with or have chats with are a lot more likely to feel right at home

-- a long-term Revolt member.
    I've heard of revolt but frankly never really gave it any thought.
    However spectator imo instead of disproving it's elitism by your condescending post you proved that there are at least some people there that aren't above it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post

Is the goat loving site better than Revolt btw??
    we both know that it is

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    So, after all I´m not so wrong... I mean, no matter how good the disguise is, the thing is that the final goal and only reason for many of those reduced number of members is to get only high level trackers.
    You can never exclude the members you are talking about and I'm sure they are making requests, but I have never seen such a request being filled there.

Same rules apply there as they do elsewhere, even at FST, you won't get hard-to-get invites if you don't make friends. But it's a whole lot easier for most people to make friends on such a board, as here on FST, where you have an abundance of traders/cheaters and other trash hanging around.

I find it rather strange you are spreading such things about a forum you only recently joined. Maybe you should do some more reading and explore some of the requests and discussions of the past.

What is wrong in being a forum, where friends hang out and discuss topics that might already been discussed elsewhere. It's all about having fun with friends. Not everybody sees it that way, but I for one keep reminding some of the lesser noble members what the purpose of such forum is, and it ain't the invites (or at least it shouldn't be).
    I'm a member of the goat as you well know but I honestly feel no more comfortable giving out an invite there than here.Safer yes but no more comfortable.
    Mainly because as Nemrod said I think there is still masked intent to a lot of people there .They have just progressed to hiding it better.

Of course the only true test would be to get rid of invites entirely.But even then it would still be a place to network to help get what you want.

Sorry for my cynicism but the truly altruistic of the bittorrent world seem few and far between.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Super n00b
    You're all moaning about revolt how you can't get an invite, or coming back dissing the place cause you got disabled for trading etc, live with it, if you where good members then you would be invited, if you going to trade the invite you got then you get disabled, simple as, the moral of the story is, Don't bite the hand that feeds you :-D

also cabalo dont talk about revolt as you are member when you are not

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayeR View Post
    I am interested. I wanna join and see its forum and members and hang out there. and hopefully, I will like it.
    I know they opened last year. I have read a thread abt it. and alot of people got in but also a lot of people got banned too because of inactivity. so they prob wont open signups again.
    so I am interested to join. but how can I join?.
    It was actually August of 2007 that there was an open signup for revolt. It was limited to 500 members and in fact the signup lasted only a few hours. But the whole point was to find a few new good members for the forum. Out of the evil horde that descended, many were disabled extremely fast for simply not following the rather simple rules of the forum and within the first week 4/5ths had been disabled for these reasons or on investigation being an active trader there are now about 40 members left from this signup. Many of those posting in this thread have been banned from the forum, but then so many do not understand that it is a privilege not a right to belong to any private site whether it be a torrent tracker or a forum and revolt is extremely strict on its rules about those who currently trade.
    In response to those who say the forum itself is elitist, this could not be further from the truth. The beauty of this forum is there is no censorship or judgement so members are free to discuss whatever they like in a supportive atmosphere with none of the incessant flaming that goes on elsewhere.
    Revolt is simply perceived as being elitist simply because it is difficult to be invited, this 'rarity' makes those who are not members believe that it is something that it is not, most members have been in the filesharing community for a very long time and have nothing to prove or need to feel elitist.
    In answer to your question PlayeR, how to join revolt, your posts here have been intelligent, having people respect what you say and having them want you to be a part of revolt is the way to membership since a member must recommend you to staff for an invite to be offered.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post

I am only saying that the main reason that many have for joining to sites like that is for getting invites to hard to get sites. I know that´s not your case and many others either, mainly because you can get here or in other places what you want due to your record. Now, if they get rid of the invites thing you´ll see how much decreases the number of members and activity.
    Like IdolEyes, sorry for my cynicism also, but after many years I know very well that invites are the best bait, so as soon as I see that thing, and mostly when it´s like a price for participating or whatever, I wonder why to have that in a place supposedly made only for having fun. That only fact makes any comparison between any of those sites and Revolt absurd.
    After all they don´t respect trackers rules either, making reviews, posting print screens and calling undesired attention to sites that don´t want that.
    The only difference is that for now there are very few users, although the background is the same, the atmosphere smells fishy.
    And again, it´s a general thought about all those sites, perhaps I´m biased and that specific one is different... anyway, time as always, will tell the last word.
    Last edited by Nemrod; 02-04-2009 at 02:31 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    PlayeR's Avatar (•̃͡-̮•̃͡) BT Rep: +5
    thank you for taking your time to answer my question, Artemis..
    I guess I will have to gain people's respect. like you advised.
    or even better, gain staffs' respect so they may want me to be part of their site. so no one needs to recommend, just the staffs themselves decide to..
    I might not be the most contributed member there. but at least I wont be the worst member.
    Last edited by PlayeR; 02-04-2009 at 02:58 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Revolt is simply perceived as being elitist simply because it is difficult to be invited, this 'rarity' makes those who are not members believe that it is something that it is not, most members have been in the filesharing community for a very long time and have nothing to prove or need to feel elitist.
    Just to make it perfectly clear I wasn't saying that revolt was(or wasn't ) elitist.I was merely addressing this specific part of this specific post which I thought showed arrogance that I equate with elitism.

Quote Originally Posted by spectator1 View Post

Or you might think that we are elitist because we do have a few people that probably actually know something about the workings of Computers, Networks, BitTorrent Protocol, Trackers, Communities and/or the Internet and they can be vocal about things they opose or support.

The fact is the people that are actively looking to join Revolt usually don't fit in. The people that don't care about revolt but are simply fun to hang out with or have chats with are a lot more likely to feel right at home

-- a long-term Revolt member.
    I got into trouble in another forum for saying something along the same lines to another member for the basically same reason which I very much stand behind.
    If someone wants to convince that what they represent isn't a certain way it probably be best not to (in my mind at least) demonstrate those attributes in defending it.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast