Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: how to join revolt ?

vic's Avatar Poster
    Anybody who is gonna try getting into revolt, you are not supposed to try - if you fit in you will find yourself there sooner or later and if you are not then as hard as you try you might not get in or even worse get in and find yourself disappointed from what you thought of this place.

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by vic View Post
    Anybody who is gonna try getting into revolt, you are not supposed to try - if you fit in you will find yourself there sooner or later and if you are not then as hard as you try you might not get in or even worse get in and find yourself disappointed from what you thought of this place.
    Well the fact that there were open signups a while back kind of goes against what you said. Only the people who were actively looking found it that day, wouldn't you say?

Hell, thats how I got into TL, my first tracker. Just kept checking the signup page everyday until it was open.

Needless to say, I missed Revolt open signups, since I wasn't actively checking. Who can say if I would like what I found or not, or anyone else for that matter. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    vic's Avatar Poster
    @Tokeman

Signups were long time ago, and the people that didn't fit was disabled as Artemis said.

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Yes, they were a while back, and out of the blue, so whos to say it will never happen again?

As for the people disabled, I'm sure at least a few people who signed up are still there.

Either way, I still stand by what I said:
    1. Signups can open anytime for any site, and those not looking, will miss it. Aside from that, for sites like this, you are right, they will find you, not the other way around.

2. No one knows what to expect from a secretive site until they arrive, therefor no one can tell some one that they wouldn't enjoy it. Ok, they may not 'fit in' they way the group wants, but that doesn't mean said person doesn't/wouldn't like it. This is purely opinion, and you can't make opinions for others no matter how much you want to.

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    vinhkhang01's Avatar XP BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Just like Tokeman said...Beauty is belong to the eye of the beholder.
    Just like most kids...They're craved for certain toy, and after a few days that toy is abandoned and they want another toy.
    *** I Love Sharing & Helping Other People ***

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Yes, they were a while back, and out of the blue, so whos to say it will never happen again?
    Open sign-ups will never happen again. It was an experiment to get some new blood in, which it did, but created a hell of a lot of work for the staff weeding out all the traders. The amount of spam posted on the site at that time was ridiculous and there were very few posts worth reading.

Most of those that joined in open sign-up were either looking to trade the account or hoping they could bag some invites from within revolt. They quickly got weeded out. So for anyone who might think it's a way to get all the trackers that are currently out of your reach it's not an option. They do not allow either asking for or offering invites. It's just a forum for like-minded people....nothing more

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    also cabalo dont talk about revolt as you are member when you are not
    you should actually read my posts, where i explicitly say i'm not a member there, and what i'm talking about is what i hear. Turns out it was pretty accurate, by some ulterior conversations i had with a member there.

honestly dupe-account-serb, don't waste my time.

funny how this thread is becoming a bit of a parallel between revolt and CFS.

in one sentence: it's a bitch when one site is hard to join, isn't it ?
    Last edited by Cabalo; 02-04-2009 at 10:27 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    by sleeping with Detale
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    An ex memeber of Revolt told me she was part of it when they were the users of FileList of all places, this was before my time (2005). is that true? revolt was created by disgruntled ex-filelist staff/members unhappy with the way filelist suddenly went all spammy like demonoid?

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    An ex memeber of Revolt told me she was part of it when they were the users of FileList of all places, this was before my time (2005). is that true? revolt was created by disgruntled ex-filelist staff/members unhappy with the way filelist suddenly went all spammy like demonoid?
    Partly right. Revolt was started by ex-filelist staff, most of them in fact, when the admin Exo lost the plot. It wasn't originally called revolt though.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast