Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooling

i think the reason my vid card is so crappy is cuz of overheating. i.e. i play cs fine for the first 5-10 min then after that i assume the heat got to it then it cause the color to be weird. the ground would sometime look liek a checker board. im planning to buy a expansion slot fan and was wondering where do i hook it up to. and is there a way to find out if heat is really the source of my prob then just to play games w/o the case on?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Taking the case off could make it worse. Natural convection is neccesary and wont be as efficient without the covers. Check your BIOS under PC health possibly for true system temps.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    how do i do that?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    An owners manual might have some info in it. Or google...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    okay i downloaded a program and it says my temp at 32 degrees fahrenheit. is that normal?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    For the system temp yes. What's the CPU at?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by kazaaliterock@15 September 2003 - 04:19
    i think the reason my vid card is so crappy is cuz of overheating. i.e. i play cs fine for the first 5-10 min then after that i assume the heat got to it then it cause the color to be weird. the ground would sometime look liek a checker board. im planning to buy a expansion slot fan and was wondering where do i hook it up to. and is there a way to find out if heat is really the source of my prob then just to play games w/o the case on?
    to see if vid card is over heating you can always have the case off and touch the vid card heat sink or touch the board behind the GPU do you have the latset drivers for your vid card? if your system is at 32 i dont think you need anymore cooling but that does depend on your CPU temp to tho as balamm asked about and just for the record i have my CPU/RAM over clocked as well as the GPU and Mem and always run with no case on but that all depends on your setup if you can do that or not ......

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by kazaaliterock@15 September 2003 - 04:59
    okay i downloaded a program and it says my temp at 32 degrees fahrenheit. is that normal?
    32 farenheight is the freezing point of water...
    do you have any liquid cooling in your system or do you live in a very cold climate?

if not, the sensor is reading incorrectly
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Must be 32 C.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@15 September 2003 - 07:32
    Must be 32 C.
    yeah, i thought so too
    i wonder why he/she quoted 32 farenheight though...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast