Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Versions | Six To Be Exact

central2rbay's Avatar The H.K. Guru BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Windows 7 Versions | Six To Be Exact
    February 4, 2009

Post Beta Windows 7, looks like there could be six or more versions of Windows 7 released to the market! Interesting how MSFT is tailoring so many different versions to so many different types of users... A great step towards satisfying what each user wants out of an O/S.

Source: The Windows 7 Versions: What You Need to Know
    Last edited by Skizo; 02-04-2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: removed duplicate titles

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    It should also be noted that Microsoft sees the progression as a good-better-best scenario: Home Basic is better than Starter, and Home Premium is better than Home Basic. Windows 7 Professional is positioned as a step up from Home Premium, and the Enterprise and Ultimate editions are the premium Windows 7 offerings.
    This is retarded. This isn't a good-better-best sequence. It's a slim-fatter-fattest sequence. I'd like to see a version for gamers and "power users", but their 'slimmest' version, Starter, isn't going to be for 64-bit systems. This is a marketing ploy to maximize their customer base. Multiple versions isn't for convenience of the customer; it is for the profit and profit alone. I hope we pirate the shit out of these "versions".

Open source ftw.
    Last edited by Aucto; 02-05-2009 at 01:55 AM.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Good move from MS.
    It will help them consolidate even further their undisputed leadership on all segments.

i'm quite eager to get hand on the final release, as this beta is excellent so far.

MS FTW.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucto View Post
    It should also be noted that Microsoft sees the progression as a good-better-best scenario: Home Basic is better than Starter, and Home Premium is better than Home Basic. Windows 7 Professional is positioned as a step up from Home Premium, and the Enterprise and Ultimate editions are the premium Windows 7 offerings.
    This is retarded. This isn't a good-better-best sequence. It's a slim-fatter-fattest sequence. I'd like to see a version for gamers and "power users", but their 'slimmest' version, Starter, isn't going to be for 64-bit systems. This is a marketing ploy to maximize their customer base. Multiple versions isn't for convenience of the customer; it is for the profit and profit alone. I hope we pirate the shit out of these "versions".

Open source ftw.
    They did it with Vista to....hell there's even a Vista starter kit most people don't even know about, I'm glad it got pirated, even though it wasn't all that good. If Windows 7 does what XP did for me, I have no problem shelling out money, but if they offer that many versions, screw them, just give us 1 version and then the user can decide what they want to install.
    [center]

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I stick with the XP untill they realease the final version the official one with no bugs and then i will try it

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Hmm damn seem to have lost my quote button some how, anyways

Naix"I stick with the XP untill they realease the final version the official one with no bugs and then i will try it"

Good luck with that they are still releasing patches for xp after all these years...I think microsoft = permanent Beta mode

Very strange seems like I messed around with a few settings lost my quote and edit button...Any ways my above post should be taken with some humor since I also seemed to have lost my ability to post smilies .....very sad

Wow kinda cool the forum self edits merged my two posts all by itself
    Last edited by accat13; 02-05-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    What I installed Windows 7 (which I running on a very old machine, I had to hack it to install on 256mb RAM )...and as soon as it booted, 3 "critical updates"
    [center]

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    central2rbay's Avatar The H.K. Guru BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Bought a new 100gigger for 7... Enjoying it so far, really haven't hit any dead ends with it seeing it's in Beta. Definitely not making the full switch over until "clean" official release....

Haha, sweet SonsofLib. I'd love to see that Tutorial

Central2RBay

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    I stick with the XP untill they realease the final version the official one with no bugs and then i will try it
    How I love irony.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    What I installed Windows 7 (which I running on a very old machine, I had to hack it to install on 256mb RAM )...and as soon as it booted, 3 "critical updates"
    It's a beta and it's a couple months old, what do you expect?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast