Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to "clean" a XBox360 HD and go to Live?

Question Mark

Hi there folks,

I'm quite newbie here (and on XBox360 World too ), so, please, have a little patience on me...

I bought my Xbox360 3 months ago: an Elite ("Falcon", I suppose), with 120GB HD and an Hitachi-LG DVD. And it is modded (with "iExtreme", I suppose this too).

I bought some "cheapper" games, downloaded others, and started to play this awesome console

But I never entered online, because I am afraid to be banned, because a friend of mine told me to just play this type of games with a Memory Unit plugged, and HD tooked off - in order to don't let XBox record games data on its HD.

Well, on that time I didn't have a Memory Unit, and, of course, I couldn't wait that for start playing, you know...

But now, I could buy a 512 MB Memory Unit, and want to enter on Live: to update my dashboard, download demos & other things, and so on...

So, my question is: How do I "clean" my XBox HD?

I mean, I just want to clean the data recorded by games I have play, but the original content I want to let there.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I've search for this question on Forum, but I did not find any post regardind this.

PS(2): This luke's post is very good for starters like me! I recommend.

2. Games   -   #2
    beatatPP's Avatar Member BT Rep: +3
    if nothings been saved on any mem then there shouldnt be a problem. in all honesty even if there was the chances of getting caught are tiny. just stick to games already out and u will be fine.

3. Games   -   #3
    misterkrek's Avatar Poster
    Hum... as far as I got from the original question, it looks like he already used the 120GB HDD on lot's of backups and don't want do use backups online... nor to report what he already done. So, his history will show every game he played so far.

The question is, if you delete your profile and all saved games, will the HDD still retain your history in some "hidden" place and report it to MS? It seems a fair question to me. I really think it does report everything back to MS (call me paranoid...).

So, if one does not want to format the HDD (don't want to loose Hexic and all extras that came pre-installed), how to clean up the HDD to a "brand new" condition? Is it possible, without plugging it to a PC and "cleaning up" with Xplorer360 or something similar?

I would also like to know a method "console only" to do a cleanup...

Cheers m8s!

4. Games   -   #4
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by beatatPP View Post
    if nothings been saved on any mem then there shouldnt be a problem. in all honesty even if there was the chances of getting caught are tiny. just stick to games already out and u will be fine.
    I think this is not enough. My brother is the one who burns Xbox360 here and I already saw him downloading one game that was already out and not burning it because it failed some of those tests.

As far as I know it must be an exact copy of the original or else... you may be banned. That's what he says.

5. Games   -   #5
    Yes guys, thats why I am very worry about enter on-line this way...

I dont want to enter on Live to PLAY on-line.

I just want to enter there to update my console and download demos.

6. Games   -   #6
    Pixel's Avatar Poster
    [QUOTE=7th;3149752]
    Quote Originally Posted by beatatPP View Post
    As far as I know it must be an exact copy of the original or else... you may be banned. That's what he says.
    From my understanding it's as mentioned above. When playing online you just need an original disc, I don't think it matters if you modded firmware as long as you have the original disc when playing online.

But I might be wrong.

7. Games   -   #7
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Capelati View Post
    Yes guys, thats why I am very worry about enter on-line this way...

I dont want to enter on Live to PLAY on-line.

I just want to enter there to update my console and download demos.
    Capelati, I think we are neighbors
    If you want, send me a PM and I'll put you in contact with my brother and I think he may help you.

"Aguardo sua mensagem carinha"

8. Games   -   #8
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Unplug the HD and buy another one
    [center]

9. Games   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Unplug the HD and buy another one
    ha ha ha
    very funny

10. Games   -   #10

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 7th View Post
    Capelati, I think we are neighbors
    If you want, send me a PM and I'll put you in contact with my brother and I think he may help you.

"Aguardo sua mensagem carinha"
    Yes, man, I live and work at Santo Andre.

Added you on my MSN ;-)

Abraços.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast