Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: traders beware

redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I don't know about Shalafi, but in my personal opinion, I think FST staff don't share our info with trackers. In fact, whatever their personal opinion about trading be, they still allow trading to happen here. They are very quick in banning scammers. I think, if you are alert enough not to click on something from unknown users, you are safe.

One advice from my side, if you are a trader and have a dynamic IP, reset your IP before you login to FST. Do not login to any trackers, especially higher ones up, while you are surfing FST. That way, even if some trader hunter tried to catch you, he won't be able to match the IP with their tracker records.

BTW, who is m4rduk? was he a former manager? I can't see him on this page. And just now I came to know that Skizo is a manager now. Isn't his nick supposed to be in red like other managers.

Edit: oh wait, Skizo is listed both under manager and moderator. wtf does that mean? are there two skizos?

I really want to know one thing. For example, I posted something, then edited it. Can you staff members see what the person had posted before editing the post.
    Last edited by redMonster; 02-06-2009 at 07:22 AM.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    This has been moved so as not to taint a legitimate section.

Moved to the Shite section with the rest of the shite.

BTW, who is m4rduk? was he a former manager? I can't see him on this page.

No. He/She has never been a mod or otherwise on FST. I can't even say the user name rings a bell.

EDIT: I just looked up "m4rduk" and he/she has 2 posts. Why would you think that user was a mod?

And just now I came to know that Skizo is a manager now. Isn't his nick supposed to be in red like other managers.

Edit: oh wait, Skizo is listed both under manager and moderator. wtf does that mean? are there two skizos?

I just wanted to retain my blue stars.

I really want to know one thing. For example, I posted something, then edited it. Can you staff members see what the person had posted before editing the post.

Nope.
    Last edited by Skizo; 02-06-2009 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    LOL OK fine you got one. Skizo when did you become a Manager?? Congrats.

I'll quote my previous post so you can re-read

Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    OK now you are pissing me off. To simply say it without proof is bullshit. If you are going to show the same screens from 100 years ago don't bother it was 100 years ago. I have said it before and here it is again.

While I have been staff here there has been no one giving out any of our members info at all or aiding in the "outing" of any traders here. I stake every account I have on it. So show some proof or shut up. Don't make some lame ass excuses either you said "personal experience" so by all means elaborate.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Shalafi's Avatar The Trader BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    I don't know about Shalafi, but in my personal opinion, I think FST staff don't share our info with trackers. In fact, whatever their personal opinion about trading be, they still allow trading to happen here. They are very quick in banning scammers. I think, if you are alert enough not to click on something from unknown users, you are safe.

One advice from my side, if you are a trader and have a dynamic IP, reset your IP before you login to FST. Do not login to any trackers, especially higher ones up, while you are surfing FST. That way, even if some trader hunter tried to catch you, he won't be able to match the IP with their tracker records.

BTW, who is m4rduk? was he a former manager? I can't see him on this page. And just now I came to know that Skizo is a manager now. Isn't his nick supposed to be in red like other managers.

m4rduk is a bitch detective lol

but i really admire his way.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Funny shit.You have to check the damn FST threads before to start trading shit.FST staff is not reporting your IP,there are some spy(an example PirateEagle)can easlily access your IP history.They are sending a PM you with some shit proofs,when you click it BOOOOM your vato,they got your fucking IP logs. Yes PirateEagle is shame of FST.He has been banned at FST,but he has a dupe acc here again.If you want to know his real tracker name,PM me.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by creazz View Post
    Funny shit.You have to check the damn FST threads before to start trading shit.FST staff is not reporting your IP,there are some spy(an example PirateEagle)can easlily access your IP history.They are sending a PM you with some shit proofs,when you click it BOOOOM your vato,they got your fucking IP logs. Yes PirateEagle is shame of FST.He has been banned at FST,but he has a dupe acc here again.If you want to know his real tracker name,PM me.
    That's exactly how the hunters do it.

If that sort of behaviour is spotted in general threads the user gets banned instantly (as did PirateEagle). Since we can't read PMs we can't spot that sort of behaviour in PMs unless the PM is forwarded to us or reported, and even then we would only know that there was anything suspicious if they used a known logging site.

Don't forget that IP logging is extremely easy to set up, it is a feature available on many free hosting sites and web space offered by ISPs, so it is impossible to prevent without banning all external images.

If you want to protect yourself from this sort of logging you should disable Avatars, Sigs and Images before viewing a PM. You will still see the URL for any images but your IP won't be revealed unless you click on the link. And if you insist that any images have to be posted in a well known image hosting site they can't get your IP.

I don't believe PirateEagle has bothered coming back here, unless he's completely changed his IP range.
    Last edited by lynx; 02-06-2009 at 02:42 PM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post

If that sort of behaviour is spotted in general threads the user gets banned instantly (as did PirateEagle). Since we can't read PMs we can't spot that sort of behaviour in PMs unless the PM is forwarded to us or reported, and even then we would only know that there was anything suspicious if they used a known logging site.

Don't forget that IP logging is extremely easy to set up, it is a feature available on many free hosting sites and web space offered by ISPs, so it is impossible to prevent without banning all external images.

If you want to protect yourself from this sort of logging you should disable Avatars, Sigs and Images before viewing a PM. You will still see the URL for any images but your IP won't be revealed unless you click on the link. And if you insist that any images have to be posted in a well known image hosting site they can't get your IP.

I don't believe PirateEagle has bothered coming back here, unless he's completely changed his IP range.
    Hi, if you want to disable IP tracking from images/pics without disabling avatars, sigs etc, you have to use firefox and install an addon imglikeopera

After you install and restart firefox you have to set the options. Note that on the second tab the list is read from top to the bottom meaning that the if a rule is higher to the top than another, then the last one will simply be overruled by the higher.

So in simple words, in our case we want to view all images from all sites, except in FST, where we want to see all avatars and sigs (in my example uploaded in imageshack, tinypic, photobucket and speedtest.net) but we do not want to load images from other sites (other than FST and image hosts that you consider "safe"). These safe hosting image sites are usually big sites that will not disclose your IP to anyone. Then the filters will be like the following example (2nd tab):

For the 1st tab, it is better to set it @: "load all images" unless you know why you want to change that.

Last edited by sert; 02-09-2009 at 10:09 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234