Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1080p mkv files lag using KLite Mega Codec Pack

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars

Unsure

I have a XPS M1330 with an HDMI out. I output my desktop to my HDTV, and iwatch movies on it.

I'm using MPC and using Overlay mode to output.
    I watched movies like Dark Knight 1080p (not the one by HD1080, the group that released the imax version of it), and it plays fine if I set the priority to Real Time in the task manager.

for a lot of my other 1080 movies, it'll start to lag after about 5 min of viewing, even with the priority set high.

the annoying thing is that if i play it on just my laptop screen, it plays fine w/o lag. it's only when i output it onto my tv that they lag...

is there any way to fix these lag issues?

Does overlay use my 8400GS's hardware rendering? I know that all Nvidia 8xxx series cards have hardware decoding for x264.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    reinstall GFX drivers, should solve it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    why would reinstalling the video drivers fix things? that doesnt make sense to me...

i think the best thing to do is to download and install CoreAVC.. then go into ffdshow video decoder and disable the h264 decoder.. so that it will use coreavc instead of ffdshow.

friend of mine wasnt able to watch 1080p videos on his laptop, but with coreavc, the videos ran just fine.
    Last edited by colt45joe; 02-06-2009 at 06:24 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i'll def try that.

i did uninstall the drivers that came with dell and installed nvidia's new beta laptop drivers.

my card def supports PureVideo, but I'm not sure that the dell driver enabled it. so i got the new drivers, and it seemed to skip slightly less. it would still skip, but it would revert back to normal in a few minutes. stilly annoying as hell tho

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I too have the Dell m1330 with the Nvidia 8400 GS. I still have the same problem even with CoreAVC. I also disabled h264 in FFDShow Decoder and 1080P MKV files still lag after a few minutes of playing. When it begins to lag, I'd pause it for about 5 mintues or so and resume the video but it'd just start lagging after another few minutes. Could it be possible that my RAM is going bad? I really want to get this issue solved because there are 1080P movies I have that I'd like to watch without this annoying issue.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    8400 series of NVIDIA's mobile GPUs dont have enough power to handle such operations.They were intended to provide full support to Vista's Aero FX, and thats it. Anything else is just a priv considering the specs of the GPU.
    I suggest upgrading to the latest drivers and setting the app to real time priority to make the most out of it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    8400 series of NVIDIA's mobile GPUs dont have enough power to handle such operations.They were intended to provide full support to Vista's Aero FX, and thats it. Anything else is just a priv considering the specs of the GPU.
    I suggest upgrading to the latest drivers and setting the app to real time priority to make the most out of it.
    No, dude, i'm pretty sure it's fine running mkv files.

i figured it out. i ran speedfan while my computer was playing mkv's, playing games, and it turns out i had a serious overheating problem. i had dell come in and reinstall a new heatsink + thermal paste, and now i idle at 45C instead of 57C. now my mkv files play perfectly.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Thanks for posting the correct way of getting it rectified as well.
    The new ones come with 256 MB of memory, and Core Clock @ 450Mhz and Memory @ 400Mhz. Guess NVIDIA has improved the specs since the days of Dell E15XX

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    Thanks for posting the correct way of getting it rectified as well.
    The new ones come with 256 MB of memory, and Core Clock @ 450Mhz and Memory @ 400Mhz. Guess NVIDIA has improved the specs since the days of Dell E15XX
    oh yea i used to have a e1505, with the radeon x1300. it actually played 1080p mkv's fine too. gaming wise not so good

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power View Post
    oh yea i used to have a e1505, with the radeon x1300. it actually played 1080p mkv's fine too. gaming wise not so good
    Yeah.
    My previous laptop was a Dell E1505 as well, with ATI X1400 GPU.
    I played Crysis on it without any problem. (At low settings ofc)
    And yeah, Hi-Def mkv's played flawlessly.
    Its just NVIDIA ,which lacks the processing power in entry level GPUs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast