Thread: why certain files don't make it?

I just started using newsgroups and have a lot of questions - sorry!
    One thing that I'm confused about... it's widely agreed that releases show up for d/l on newsgroups (usually) first. While I've noticed this true for several releases popping up on NZBMatrix or NZBsRus, there are certain things I know are floating around in RapidShare links and torrents but I can't find for the life of me searching the two engines mentioned above or from http://alt.binaries.nl/ ... for example I know a week or more ago United States of Tara episode 4 was released, yet it shows up no where when searching. F.E.A.R Project Origin was just released (though unplayable at the moment) but like the show I mentioned, I can find it no where to download with alt.binz. Am I looking in the wrong place(s)?
    Last edited by coltraz; 02-07-2009 at 09:48 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Episode 4 of The United Stataes of Tara will be shown on the 8th February, usenet is fast but shows aren't usually available before they are broadcast.

http://epguides.com/UnitedStatesofTara/

NZB websites rely on people downloading all the headers in the different newsgroups and then producing NZBs for each TV show, movie etc. There is always a time lag between the posts showing up in the newsgroups and the NZB reports.

If you want to know what's been posted earlier, you will have to subscribe to the popular newsgroups such as alt.binaries.multimedia and download all the headers. This could take quite a few gigabytes of any download limit you have.

An alternative would be to use Newsleecher supersearch facility but this costs $30 dollars per year.

https://newsleecher.com/

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Thanks. I subscribed to to group with NewzLeecher and am understanding the connection between headers and NZBs (finally).
    As for the show...I said it was broadcasted and available everywhere else. It was broadcasted on demand, or SOMEBODY got a hold of it, but whatever the case it's been out for a week or more, posted everywhere else, except for usenet.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by coltraz View Post
    Thanks. I subscribed to to group with NewzLeecher and am understanding the connection between headers and NZBs (finally).
    As for the show...I said it was broadcasted and available everywhere else. It was broadcasted on demand, or SOMEBODY got a hold of it, but whatever the case it's been out for a week or more, posted everywhere else, except for usenet.
    Your right, sorry. There's a DS rip of episode 3 posted in a.b. multimedia on 27/01/09 but epguides states the first broadcast is on 01/02/09. The hdtv version was posted on 02/02/09.

There should be a DS rip of episode 4 but for some reason this hasn't been posted on usenet. The hdtv version should be uploaded on monday.

BTW do you still need a newzbin invite?
    Last edited by Lego; 02-08-2009 at 03:40 AM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I sure do! I sent you an email. Did you get it?

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Got your email, invite sent.