View Poll Results: Is it ever Ok to post someones personal info??

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it is ok for the reason I stated below

23 14.94%
  • No it's NEVER OK and crosses the line

131 85.06%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it ever Ok to post someones personal info??

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nthpeter View Post
    OK. For those members, who are so **** to understand simple things. Did Detale mentioned WHERE to post the info? What he actually said is that he doesnt want to inform us in this poll why he made this poll, and i havent read the thread he havent mentioned yet. And i havent said that i would post info in public forums. (what i would do when it comes to politicans, because authorities wont catch them because they have power...) So pls, think before you post or stfu.

P.S.: and what if i think its the right thing to post private infos in public places? You will reveal me now, to make your point? You will insult me?
    Given that this thread is result of someone posting details in a public place I would say he would be referring to public places. Maybe you should read the thread.

Your little P.S: is absolutely stupid considering I would never post someone's details in a public place regardless of there opinion on anything and you would know that if you actually read the post rather then looking for a flame.

Posting details or corrupt politicians or paedophiles in a public place is a really stupid idea and just asking for a lynch mob. If someone were to murdered in such an event the person who leaked those details should be held accountable for the murder.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    I always thought sharing someone's personal information without permission was illegal.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    That's a line I wouldn't cross.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    this poll is stupid...... not saying i approve or disapprove of it... but, does anyone really believe that people are gonna post honest answers to such a loaded question???.. com'on now.. it may be the point of this thread.. but, still.... you would not be able to uses any results from this for anything...
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    No, never, under any circumstance.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    viru5's Avatar ~ Addicted BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    In my opinion:

No it's NEVER OK and crosses the line

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Its never rite to post personal info....

Why when i click the link to this thread is it asking me to accept a security cert. from castfromsociety ?

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    benficao's Avatar All over you Face!
    1º It is indeed wrong.
    2º Youre not a noob detale, meaning, you know what this means perfectly, it has been done before, and probably ( i dont agree whit it ) will be done again.
    3º in real live someone would get his ass and face smashed, but this is the internet, and things are done this way, these are the weapons avaible.
    PS: i dont think its ok to do it, but i understand, there doesnt seam to be another way to freighten someone..
    Last edited by benficao; 02-07-2009 at 01:19 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Of course not. I wouldn't think about it.
    Why are you suddenly bringing it up?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    nope no reason whatsoever to do that....we log on to the internet becuase we're completely anonymous and we are known by our screennames, no prejudice and no favourites, on the net, its a level playing feild (ussually ;-))
    Spoiler: Show

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast