Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How About Automatic Cancelling

Just clicked on yor link - Had a look at your Page - Returned to Traffic Window - And suddenly all the Low users are been canceled
    The problem is that you might also have cancelled users that were sharing and using the "privacy patch"...
    And now I see why ppl need that patch, seems like at least on this subject RIAA and the like managed to hurt p2p.
    If kazaa could make a different type of search, so that ppl could hide what files they were sharing, but klite could tell you if they were at least sharing a decent amount of MBs, the idea would work, RIAA wouldn't be able to tell what files you were sharing, and you would be able to cancel users that were not sharing anything leaving the good users downloading.

2. File Sharing   -   #12

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    BANNED
    how many times are we going to do this?? there is no way of knowing who is shares or not

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by Ael@16 September 2003 - 01:34
    Just clicked on yor link - Had a look at your Page - Returned to Traffic Window - And suddenly all the Low users are been canceled
    The problem is that you might also have cancelled users that were sharing and using the "privacy patch"...
    And now I see why ppl need that patch, seems like at least on this subject RIAA and the like managed to hurt p2p.
    If kazaa could make a different type of search, so that ppl could hide what files they were sharing, but klite could tell you if they were at least sharing a decent amount of MBs, the idea would work, RIAA wouldn't be able to tell what files you were sharing, and you would be able to cancel users that were not sharing anything leaving the good users downloading.

No - it was'nt that - I had the Big Guys kick the Little Guys out box unchecked - [ Well it proves that it works - Cheers ]

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Kexor+15 September 2003 - 22:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kexor @ 15 September 2003 - 22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ael@16 September 2003 - 01:34
    If kazaa could make a different type of search, so that ppl could hide what files they were sharing, but klite could tell you if they were at least sharing a decent amount of MBs, the idea would work, RIAA wouldn&#39;t be able to tell what files you were sharing, and you would be able to cancel users that were not sharing anything leaving the good users downloading.

No - it was&#39;nt that - I had the Big Guys kick the Little Guys out box unchecked - [ Well it proves that it works - Cheers ] [/b][/quote]
    wtf

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    how many times are we going to do this?? there is no way of knowing who is shares or not
    As I said...

If kazaa could make a different type of search, so that ppl could hide what files they were sharing, but klite could tell you if they were at least sharing a decent amount of MBs, the idea would work, RIAA wouldn&#39;t be able to tell what files you were sharing, and you would be able to cancel users that were not sharing anything leaving the good users downloading.

No - it was&#39;nt that - I had the Big Guys kick the Little Guys out box unchecked - [ Well it proves that it works - Cheers ]
    You mean that after you runned the program it kicked ppl with low PL and ppl with high PL got in their place ? Well, that doesn&#39;t mean anything with PL hack giving ppl 1000PL... You could still have kicked ppl that were sharing and ppl with PL hack and no share got in their place... Dunno if that&#39;s what you meant though...

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    BANNED
    it can&#39;t be done

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    why not ?
    such a simple thing, it runs client side, get list of shared files, get their sizes, sum it up, send to the person who requested it...

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Ael@15 September 2003 - 22:40
    why not ?
    such a simple thing, it runs client side, get list of shared files, get their sizes, sum it up, send to the person who requested it...
    you are right it is simple, so we&#39;ll have you make, second what the hell does the size of someones folder have anything to do with what and how much they are sharing???

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    As I said...
    It could be made such a way that whenever someone starts downloading from you, your klite does a simple request to the downloader, i.e., person starts downloading a 100MB video file from you, your klite then sends a request to the downloader and asks his klite if at least 50MB of video files are being shared, if there is enough files being shared, he can download, otherwise he&#39;ll be blocked from downloading that video from ppl

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast