Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How About Automatic Cancelling

If this existed and we all used it how would anyone new to sharing ever download anything?

They couldn't download until they had 50Mb of shared files and they couldn't get those files until they download which they couldn't do until they had 50Mb of shared files.......

I'm getting dizzy.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    I agree with this - All klite has to do is scan the user and if it finds the phrase " Not Sharing Any Files " - Gives them a warning message and cancells the download - Cheers
    Yeah, that's almost what I said, but if you read my other msgs you will find that the way I proposed was slightly better, you'd be able to download based on how much do you share, so sharing a 1 MB file wouldn't be as good as sharing 50.

If this existed and we all used it how would anyone new to sharing ever download anything?

They couldn't download until they had 50Mb of shared files and they couldn't get those files until they download which they couldn't do until they had 50Mb of shared files.......
    Something like that was never said.
    I said
    The idea behind seeing if the person was sharing 50MB in my example was to avoid the situation where someone sharing a 1MB video would be able to download a 600x larger 600MB video, however if he had to share at least 50% the amount (in size) of the file he wants to download, there'd be more files being shared.
    Add small edit to the quote above, change the word "video" to "file".

BTW, anyone can start their "collection" of shared files downloading some from the sites and sharing them, that would allow the new users to get bigger files, not that it is so much needed though, once you download and install klite, it already put it's installation in your shared folder, so you already have something to start with, get a few MP3s and you will be able to download bigger files in a small time, you just have to keep sharing.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    There is a big problem inherint while using a quota system - that is an increas in garbabge files on the network. By making people have to share an amount they would not deleted fakes/corrupted files.

Aswell people would copy and paste there shared folder and share it - the case on direct connect.

There is aslo is an argument that kazaa has been used to get personal information - blah blah, I agree that this is bull(that is from theat congress video this that was around a few months age)
    Total bullshit then, but when people have to share and amount they will share system files adding a basis for the security issues of kazaa that people have attempted to argue.

Or lets say that i just got a new game, pre released no one has it, so I only share it and post the hash so more people can get it. For this I would not be able to download anything bigger than that file.

Quota systems are stupid in "most networks", the hub system of direct connect is an exception.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234