Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Paying to get into trackers?

Lovestone I am on same site but I never have had to pay a cent to any tracker to get in or get my ratio improved.

So I am against anyone selling invites even the tracker themself If I am there its because I have earned it in someway. by being a good user and getting to know the folks I am in a community with

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I CBA'ed to wait for a friend to give me one during that time, my father had wanted the KISS in the original CD format and he made a promise that if I got it he will get me something I've always wanted.

It's just another way to support the tracker, if it's not for the members who donate then who will be the ones paying for the server?

The staffs themselves can pay once or twice but they aren't that rich to pay continuously.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    While I don't think anyone should ever pay for access to files Many of us along with torrent downloading do pay for Usenet access. I pay the $20 a month and cant really complain so maybe it's not so far fetched an idea. I know someone will come along and say well you're paying for the news server but the truth is paying this guy or paying that guy doesn't matter at all as long as I get the goods

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    EL REY's Avatar Haha....You Slow BT Rep: +3
    I'm not really uderstanding what you are asking, so I'll answer the best way I can.

I have donated to get on a small tracker Ozone-T to get an invite, but the price was nothing really so I didn't mind at all.

Now, would I donate to a site like FTN/PTN you get in? Sure, I would.

But......for me to do so, I would have to really trust & believe the person who will be handling my money, and that part isn't really gonna happen. Bcuz, it takes a lot for me to trust someone in the real world, imagine in the net world.

To sum it up: Yes, I would but highly unlikely I will given the chance.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    so why do it for Ozone-T if anything i would rather trust Brandon off FTN as i do not have a clue who runs O-T or desi T or any others that do this.

so i just dont see your point, O-T to me is not a well established tracker, to me i had never heard of it till a thread was posted here the other day, which in turn made me think about this thread in all honesty.

so i dont understand why you would do it for a tracker no one has heard off (for all i know it may be excellent, i have just nevr heard of it) rather than a well established tracker like FTN or suchlike.

To sum it up: Yes, I would but highly unlikely I will given the chance
    and hmm you did to O-T lol
    Last edited by stoi; 02-10-2009 at 03:02 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    I think paying for invites or anything like that goes against the fundamentals of file sharing (thats why im not on usenet or rapid share), also when money is involved u gonna expect a lot of heat. If there are profits to be made, u know there is gonna be someone watching, and u will become a sitting target.

Also this idea of 'stealing', i think when u start to make money out of invites, u r effectively accepting a payment for someone to use your product (your website) vizave u r simply now stealing someone elses work to make money (u r no more better then the guy selling knock off dvds to you in the street). However if u r distributing someone elses work for free because u like there work and u think everyone should share in this enjoyment, then i think its not so bad.

lol i might not of explained myself brilliantly but i hope u get jist of what im trying to say.
    Last edited by Villalltheway; 02-10-2009 at 03:16 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Poster
    well I've only ever paid to get into one tracker and that was pedro's, when i got there i was really disappointed but I still DL and Seed just to keep my account so it isnt a waste of money

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    the people who buy invites from ebay and other seller sites are idiots how can somebody pay 50 euros/dollars for a invite ... you must be a moron...

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    EL REY's Avatar Haha....You Slow BT Rep: +3

Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    To sum it up: Yes, I would but highly unlikely I will given the chance
    and hmm you did to O-T lol
    I really didn't get most of your reply, so I'll just answer this one.

I got Ozone-T from their site. If you go to their site, it says something like you wanna be a member? Click the link, and donate.

See, I didn't have to trust my money to someone, just the site it self. Big difference

I donated to Ozoone-T cuz the site looked cool & I heard it have a really nice section of TV DVDRips seasons.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    What??

pml that is what this entire thread is about, you are confusing the fuck out of me atm mate lol someone help lol

PS: who do you think that cash goes to, the site? lol it has to go to someone to pay the bills, so how can you trust that someone when you dont know who the fuck they are.
    Last edited by stoi; 02-10-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast