Thread: Paying to get into trackers?

viru5's Avatar ~ Addicted BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Warez- not paid.

FTP - paid.

P2P - only for donate.

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    walkman79's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by bblogs View Post
    It seems to me that anti P2L is the result of the ultra1337ness BT community.

I totally agree with this statement. Actually, not everyone has a high bandwidth or even the chance to get a seedbox. I live in South America and there isn't any decent bandwidth here, I used to p2l on sites which accept this to mantain a fair ratio. Even though I keep seeding 24/7 it's impossible for me to get a 1.0 ratio on each torrent, and trackers which are anti p2l were a nightmare for me till I discovered the seedboxes. But I have to send the money to a friend who lives in Europe to rent the server for me because it's not available for my country. And not everyone in South America and Africa have a friend in Europe, so p2l is the only thing that could help them.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    I would pay £5 to get into a tracker that had stuff that I wanted and think nothing of it. I already pay about £17 a month for usenet so somthing like a £5 one off fee seems reasonable to me.

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    i would NEVER pay to join a site. my history on the sites i do use is proof that im a good member and people who are inviting can use that as proof rather then money. i have donated to a few sites but i dont decide if im going to donate until i have seen the entire site and what it has to offer, after that if i decide i like it all i'll help them with their server costs.

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    It is wrong on a number of issues:-

What is the justification?
    So far 1. the site needs money, 2. the people getting in through payment would be better members.(would not cheat, would not trade etc)
    It is rubbish....for 1. if the site needs money then it is the responsibility of the old members power users, elites , staff members and the owner himself to raise the money. Every established tracker usually has a lot of power users and elites.. why they don't come forward. After all a tracker does not need a lot of money if only a few elites would take trouble to donate -they would have no problem. On the other hand I think a noob/new comer should have no obligation or desire to donate something for the site. It is only after spending some time in a community when a member would develop an attachment towards the community...only then he would be able to donate not for some material purpose but out of loyalty and friendship. I even think it is rediculous to advertise for donations to the noobs... it is not their responsiblity but of the old members and elites of the tracker. The best strategy for a tracker is to look towards its old and established members for donations.If the elites of a tracker do not contribute how can you expect the new commers to contribute.
    for 2. It is an assumption which I am afraid is not based on logic but on wishes and greed.How many good, old and reliable member of a site came through payment. You can analyse your own site members and decided how many good members came through payment. I think answer would be majority of good members came through invite or open signups. So how one can assume that only through payment method one can get good members. I would say it is doubtful whether or not you would get good members but yes a lot of good customers of stolen stuff can be won through allowing them to enter by paying some dollars.I think one should be sure whether they want customers or members.

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    if the site had very fast releases and the seed was coming from a seedbox instead of some slow 50kbs uploader then i wouldnt mind paying £5 to get in but then again any torrent you find on any site isnt hard to get hold of elsewhere meaning whats the point of paying in the first place when you can get it for free elsewhere every site i see showing such as "invite only or donate" then i simply turn away cause there never is what you think there is behind them invite doors only sites nice topic though
    Last edited by tony2005; 02-15-2009 at 09:42 AM.
    Friendly torrent site with great classics
    http://www.torrentrush.info

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    muc147's Avatar Member
    for most of the desi torrent sites you have to pay to get in
    at least that has been my experience

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567