Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paying to get into trackers?

Poster BT Rep: +2
    Yes that isnt very good , the ones that have more money can get easier in a tracker an buy invites this way and I think to get in a tracker it doesnt matter how much money you have because there are things in life that are more important and need money , not to join a tracker , maybe when you are in the tracker , then it would be good to donate .

Also if it should be like this , there should be a limit of invites , let's say 10 per month and to be an action for them , to not be an exact price .

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    By making a site accessible through money u r making a site accessible to whoever who has some spare cash and allowing them to do watever they want to do with that account ..
    BTW i know i said i did not agree with it, i just love discussions about this sort of stuff, so if i do argue for it, thats just the way i am lol

Back to the quote

If you are a tracker that has built up a very good rep over the years, as the place to get in, 1 of the best places for what it does, again pick a tracker, and they just opened up, they would get about 10,000 members a day, but only about 500 of those would be unique, as in lots of dupe accounts, because they are bound to close again, once closed, sell sell sell, or trade trade trade.

so you could argue that just by opening up, or giving invites for free, we are allowing them to do what they want with that account.
    Last edited by stoi; 02-10-2009 at 01:11 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    This could work to a Owners advantage (from security perspective) if every member who donates to get in gets his entire IP range banned once he/she is disabled (assuming they have a code in place to figure out the IP even if the user is using a Proxy)

EDIT : just read your post .. I am not a proponent of the open signup theory too .. But i would like to bring to ur notice the Example of ScL and Electronik .. The staff there are very adept at catching the the traders and disabling the traded accounts(watever technique they use) .. Secondly they give out plenty of invites to get in the new blood while continously and ruthlessly weeding out the bad ones ..
    This stratergy has two advantages :
    1) Since u r actively disabling accounts u always free space for new users (taking the obvious risk of bad seeds)
    2) Since u give out invites actively the trade value of the same decreases .. seriously tell me how many trades have u seen for ScL and Electronik .. Since the site is easily available traders wont value it much and eventually the trading will decrease like for the above mentioned trackers
    Last edited by apextwin146; 02-10-2009 at 01:16 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    BlackKnight, it's 5 Euros.'

You get 1 week of PU once you're in, but a month if you got 20 Euros.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Well if you would want to make a user to not sign up on a tracker after he gets banned there could be made a virus and but when you click the link for registration a virus to enter you're computer , one undetectable by anti-viruses , and when you get disabled that virus to some harm on your computer or to mark somehow that computer and cant register on a tracker again even with proxy , but this idea wouldn't be good if someone has 2 computers / latpotps.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    EDIT : just read your post .. I am not a proponent of the open signup theory too .. But i would like to bring to ur notice the Example of ScL and Electronik .. The staff there are very adept at catching the the traders and disabling the traded accounts(watever technique they use) .. Secondly they give out plenty of invites to get in the new blood while continously and ruthlessly weeding out the bad ones ..
    This stratergy has two advantages :
    1) Since u r actively disabling accounts u always free space for new users (taking the obvious risk of bad seeds)
    2) Since u give out invites actively the trade value of the same decreases .. seriously tell me how many trades have u seen for ScL and Electronik .. Since the site is easily available traders wont value it much and eventually the trading will decrease like for the above mentioned trackers

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    they only have 1000 frigging members though, thats the bloody difference lol

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    No, never, under any circumstance.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    PS: I do not mean Donating and getting an Invite, I mean actually paying to get access like a few are doing.
    well, i really dont know what to say both for staff members and random members...
    you probably talking about tracker policy cuz some ppl talked about Btmusic...
    well point of Btmusic there is 20 k torrent and all of these files rip'd by their members from orginal cd.There is a rule at tracker if you will upload an album it must be your work(your rip from orginal source)...
    and there is amazon advertisement at the tracker "Do you like music on our Tracker? Buy it on Amazon.com ( click! ) and support us!" and you can simple see "buy album if you can" at the end of torrent page...
    well to be honest welldone to btmusic cuz they are really know what about sharing...
    think about scene stealers(0-day,scene tracker) they are stealing scene's shit and uploading their tracker aftter that they are baheve like this is their own shit and if a member upload to abother tracker they're banning him/her/it look at these lol. dont steal my shit stolen by me lol.... and they're opening the donation bars at christmas and they are all giving invites to who donate tracker and after that saying ohh we are not like "X" selling invites lol. just fun there' no much...

well at least btmusic selling their own shit and there is a support link of orginal source from a dedicated selling site..

well scene always say support it if you will use it or like it and we are just doing this for fun...

and stoi you cant separate donations or tracker policy
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Ok why does every thread i make turn into about me and my tracker lol
    well now its turn to Btmusic lol.
    Spoiler: Show

edit
    ofc wrong i am agree with you, no doubt i just wanted to mean at least
    Last edited by RedRansom; 02-10-2009 at 02:03 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Ok but even then, they are making cash by doing it from their users work, not their work.

its still wrong in my eyes

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast