Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Dad's Custom Built Comp Isnt Startin

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    My official Power Supply website info for the ps unit i have.
    http://www.codegengroup.com/proddetail2.asp?id=27

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Spindulik@17 September 2003 - 14:43
    All of this talk about BIOS.

You guys never knew what it was like in the old days, when the BIOS chip didn't exist. A BIOS is just a HUGE macro of commands that tells your computer how to boot up.

In the old days, you had to type in the "BIOS" instructions by hand, in DOS mode. And hope you didn't have any typos. Windows wasn't invented yet. Windows is actually a huge shortcut for everything that was manually typed in, years ago.
    Honestly, there is no reason to come in here and bitch about how we have it so good, and about how things were much harder in the old days.

What was the point of that post? Im just curious, to see how it was related to the topic.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+17 September 2003 - 20:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ @ 17 September 2003 - 20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik@17 September 2003 - 14:43
    All of this talk about BIOS.

You guys never knew what it was like in the old days, when the BIOS chip didn&#39;t exist. A BIOS is just a HUGE macro of commands that tells your computer how to boot up.

In the old days, you had to type in the "BIOS" instructions by hand, in DOS mode. And hope you didn&#39;t have any typos. Windows wasn&#39;t invented yet. Windows is actually a huge shortcut for everything that was manually typed in, years ago.
    Honestly, there is no reason to come in here and bitch about how we have it so good, and about how things were much harder in the old days.

What was the point of that post? Im just curious, to see how it was related to the topic. [/b][/quote]
    yea.. i mean everything is getting easier.
    IBM Self Healing Servers.. like.. damn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123