Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avi/mpeg/etc

Which is better? Ive been dl'ing avi's. A simple vote will do but if you wanna tell me why, Ill read that too.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Mpegs are better cause u can watch them in your DVD Player if it supports (S)Vcd's
    but it matter who does them because u never know what the quality will look like but with avi's most times they are encoded with DIVX or XVID which improves quality a little and compresses size down to around to 600-700mb so I say they go half and half.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    [QUOTE]Mpegs are better cause u can watch them in your DVD Player if it supports (S)Vcd's[QUOTE]
    But does that really matter b/c nero tells me it will convert to a usable format

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Yes, it does matter, if your DVD player doesn't support (S)vcd's then u can't watch movies off the internet unless u have tv out of something on your comp and never use Nero to encode a movie. I would recommend u get Tmpgenc.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I always download AVI-files of around 700 megs. These I then convert to svcd by using Dvd2svcd and the Cinema Craft Encoder. This gives me great quality.

Greetz, D!mensio_x.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    Seems a lot of trouble to change format and shit
    Get a TV-out its not expensive and its a hell of a lot easier to watch any dnloaded movie u want
    no trouble at all

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by D!mensio_x@16 September 2003 - 09:01
    I always download AVI-files of around 700 megs. These I then convert to svcd by using Dvd2svcd and the Cinema Craft Encoder. This gives me great quality.

Greetz, D!mensio_x.
    Could you go more in depth about this, Im curious and not sure how to do it. On a side note, has anyone found a good version of 'once upon a time in mexico'? All the versions i try are nothin but black screen.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by miffo@16 September 2003 - 11:02
    Seems a lot of trouble to change format and shit
    Get a TV-out its not expensive and its a hell of a lot easier to watch any dnloaded movie u want
    no trouble at all
    this means you can only watch the movie on a TV which is near to your pc...you cant take the film to a mates very easily
    <insert signature here>

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    on another topic, what does "uuhash" mean? Or what is a hash?

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Could you go more in depth about this, Im curious and not sure how to do it.
    I will do this later on the day..., but I suggest youd also take a look on this site: Doom9.

Greetz, D&#33;mensio_x.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast