Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: some information for newcomers about giveaways

pharaoh's Avatar King of the Desert BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Hate I missed the FSC "campaign" but wait shouldn't we not pay for trackers!!! Oh it's a "donation" to get in. That's different

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by pharaoh View Post
    Hate I missed the FSC "campaign" but wait shouldn't we not pay for trackers!!! Oh it's a "donation" to get in. That's different
    not a problem to sort GA section for number of views, it's on the first page

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...iveaway-325134

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    vic's Avatar Poster
    that's why the trading section should have been closed a long time ago.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Good info PolarBear It's also rather simple how people can think trading is okay too since it's allowed. If trading is really so bad why is it allowed! Common since tells me that if trading is a security issue for tracker sites and the tracker sites don't allow it then why is it allowed to happen here? Goes to my, "go by the rules you like motto". We help keep tracker sites safe by abbreviating their url. But we rape and pillage them in the trade threads. It really sends a mixed message.
    It's not that complicated at all. FST is not a tracker and we have our own set of rules. Not "go by the rules you like", Follow the tracker rules. We abbreviate Tracker site names as a courtesy not as a means of security. "rape and pillage"? A bit strong no? Why not get your facts a little clearer befor posting obvious propoganda

I agree that PB's info started out good but then he's clearly taking a swipe at FST.

As long as you stipulate in the giveaway that the invite is not ever to be traded you are protected. Ultimatly YOU are responsable for who you invite and no one else. We cannot police the internet by upholding the rules of every tracker out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Good info PolarBear It's also rather simple how people can think trading is okay too since it's allowed. If trading is really so bad why is it allowed! Common since tells me that if trading is a security issue for tracker sites and the tracker sites don't allow it then why is it allowed to happen here? Goes to my, "go by the rules you like motto". We help keep tracker sites safe by abbreviating their url. But we rape and pillage them in the trade threads. It really sends a mixed message.
    It's not that complicated at all. FST is not a tracker and we have our own set of rules. Not "go by the rules you like", Follow the tracker rules. We abbreviate Tracker site names as a courtesy not as a means of security. "rape and pillage"? A bit strong no? Why not get your facts a little clearer befor posting obvious propoganda

I agree that PB's info started out good but then he's clearly taking a swipe at FST.

As long as you stipulate in the giveaway that the invite is not ever to be traded you are protected. Ultimatly YOU are responsable for who you invite and no one else. We cannot police the internet by upholding the rules of every tracker out there.
    And Vic you should just stop jumping on the anti trader bandwagon, lest we forget OK. I keep seeing you post this kind of shit and this acct will be disabled and you will be forced to keep your other one. Matter of fact...
    Last edited by Detale; 02-11-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    ...by stating solid facts.
    As long as you stipulate in the giveaway that the invite is not ever to be traded you are protected.
    in what way?
    Ultimatly YOU are responsable for who you invite and no one else.
    ... unless you are a trader, because then fst will take the responsibility by making sure the "dishonest" ones get disabled.

simple question: i make a giveaway and demand that the account is not to be traded on fst. the invitee is trying to trade it nevertheless. what will happen to him?
    Last edited by Polarbear; 02-11-2009 at 11:31 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    no_bother's Avatar Village Troll BT Rep: +4
    Why dont we get a veteran anti-traders group?
    I think thats a fair response.
    Noone will read a sticky that says you need to make a request asking what trackers suit me. theyll STILL uust post saying why cant I post in giveaways section, plz let me. and then rack up a few ivnites and trade them off.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    I have one comment not all new comers to this site are n00bs in The bittorrent world.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    nice topic

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    becomehokage's Avatar AAARGH! BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    the following may sound obvious to many, but is something that newcomers aren't aware of too often.

when you give a free invite to help someone on fst, here's what can happen:

the person you invited may open a trade thread and trade his new account for something else just hours after he created it. you will end up with a trader in your invite tree, who you never wanted to invite. a complete different person, a stranger, a cheater, just anyone. keep in mind that on most trackers you're responsible for the person you invite.

your invitee can also give away the account to someone else, which has the same result.

now you might say: wait a minute, that's pretty lame. is there something that fst is gonna do about that?

answer: no, this behaviour is perfectly fine with fst rules. there's nothing that can be done about it.

in fact quite the contrary. the trader wo misuses the account you provided him with will be protected and supported. fst offers middlemen for his deal to make sure everything goes smoothly and he gets what he wants.

on top when his deals go wrong, he (unlike you) can report his trade partner for being a scammer and fst will punish him according to the rules. fst rules protect betrayed traders, but they do not protect you. happy times for the trader, tough luck for you.

please keep this in mind the next time you're going to invite somebody on fst.
    Were did you copy paste that from?
    Im kay

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by becomehokage View Post
    Were did you copy paste that from?
    do you ever post anything other than garbage?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast