Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: some information for newcomers about giveaways

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    that only underlines what i said. traders are protected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    As I said if you made a trade or even a giveaway and stipulated that it was not to be re-traded and the person did this to you you could report then and they would most likely be disabled at least thats they way I would go on it.
    i was talking about giveaways. again my question: when somebody gives away an invite and states that the account is not to be traded on fst. will there be consequences for the invitee if he does so regardless. can he be reported and will he be punished according to fst rules (not what you would do)? yes or no?
    As far as you taking a swipe at us Why? Well obviously I know why but I guess what I'm saying is why do you have your balls twisted now? Did someone piss in your cereal again PB??
    when you discuss with me, please keep the argument on a factual level. don't become personal.
    that only underlines what i said. traders are protected.
    Ummm no, I was refering to a trade, seems i lost focus and thought you meant both trades and giveaways. Further explaination below

will there be consequences for the invitee if he does so regardless. can he be reported and will he be punished according to fst rules (not what you would do)? yes or no?
    LOL OK dude. Now lets be clear. We have 14 board rules and a few more BT rules but everything else we rely on our judgment. So there is no exact rule for this, it's just a situation that I have seen before and this is usually how it is handled. Yes if you stipulate the invite is not to be traded when you do a giveaway and then they trade it there will be consequences for the invitee. Good enough?

when you discuss with me, please keep the argument on a factual level. don't become personal.
    You want me to keep it factual and yet your opening post is not factual it's opinion and even some blatent untruths dude. Not to mention you dodged the question It's legitamate to ask why all of a sudden you would open a thread like this. What triggered it or led to it?

This is an old problem as I said it has even happened to me and I remember when the subject was brought up on what should be done about it.

@ Albo I know PB pretty well. I was the one who pissed in his cereal the first time. I think or was it Skizo PB?? LOL

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    So many site staff blame FST for trading but the truth is that trading will exist with or without FST. If it were not true then we would be the only place you could trade an invite on all of the interwebs and since that is FAR from the case here. WE are not to blame, you know who to blame? The members of YOUR site who come to trade the invites/accts. Someone has to have an invite in order to trade it right?? Do I agree with trading ? No the fact is I personally don't like the idea of it but I also believe in personal choice.
    Of course trading exists at other places, and would still exist if it stopped at FST, but that would be their problem, their reputation and their negative contribution to the community.

Yes, the members are the ones trading, but the problem is that they are doing it in here, and they have FST's support and protection in the process. That's what staffers are blaming on FST. Not the fact that trading exists on the internets, but that it is a common practice in here, with the support and protection of the staff here.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Well they ar given protection to a degree. We do say if you get caught trading don't come crying to us. I think the mentality here is to let the people decide and not enforce strict rules about every aspect. This is what I think sets FST apart from other BT forums. How many other places can you call a Mod an asshole and not get banned? Not too many I know of. It's a freedom of choice thing for the most part. If they so decide to do it it's their responsability. I have done a poll a few times to see if the members as a whole wanted to get rid of the trade section. Each time I've done it it always come out pretty much even. Hey who knows start a poll and see what the masses have to say. You know Im all about the members

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    How many other places can you call a Mod an asshole and not get banned?
    i do that all the time on other sites.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post

Yea Detale. PolarBear is not what you think he is. He's a good user and a Trustworthy torrenter. This is why I suggested an ATG section earlier. For dedicated users like me and PB. Look here if you don't believe me:

LuL
    You are right, there is no ATG in FST

But there's a no Albo club, true story
    Last edited by KFlint; 02-12-2009 at 09:40 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    How many other places can you call a Mod an asshole and not get banned?
    i do that all the time on other sites.
    It must be lonely up on your pedestal.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

this really shows how people are naïve and too full of themselves. and how full of shit they are. I had such a great laugh when i first saw that screenie ! "i heard good things about it" OMFG
    about PB, this is a known fact, it didn't take Einstein to find out about it. (example, look at previous post).
    I really hope that you are offered a staff position at some tracker so that we can all stop seeing your FST "official" threads. lulz. And then you can really start dissing it even more than you already do.
    because, i'm smelling a sgt. major pattern in all those posts who try to give ill advise to noobs (=newcomers).
    It should be included in those advises to not behave like a noob when you see someone saying he is a part of a fictionary group/tracker/forum, and immediately jump on the PM and use the same old text like we see in that screenie.

trying to institute those kind of permisses about invite protection is truly ridiculous. the advice is quite simple: if you don't trust people at FST to invite them, then don't invite them. It's not that this particular community would be missing much.
    It's ridiculous to think that FST should be held responsible for someone's lack of judgement when inviting someone else. ridiculous.
    if you don't trust your judgement, than keep it to yourself. a bit like what should have happened to this thread here.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 02-12-2009 at 11:02 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

this really shows how people are naïve and too full of themselves. and how full of shit they are. I had such a great laugh when i first saw that screenie ! "i heard good things about it" OMFG
    talking about naive people, you are the one who still haven't figured this pm was a joke...congrats

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

talking about naive people, you are the one who still haven't figured this pm was a joke...congrats
    yeah, believe in everything people tell you.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast