Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Exposing vs Reporting

brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    The question is simple.
    Why would someone prefer to expose a user instead of reporting him to the staff?
    I'm rather new here but If you don't trust the staff why do you participate in this forum?
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Bravo Give this user a round of applause for being this creative.

The answer was here btw after you asked me the same question. https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-do-...73/postcount73

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    i pretty much trust staff to act basing on what _they_ think is correct to do

...the thing is, sometime one user don't have enough information about someone's being bad.. but after he points at some aspects of actions of that "someone", other guys can complete it.. or what is not enough for fst staff, is enough for others. fst staff can't guarantee the safety of our tracker accounts when we are giving here something or doing other things? so restricting to themselves access to negative information about other users seems strange for me
    Last edited by kukushka; 02-11-2009 at 10:45 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    i pretty much trust staff to act basing on what _they_ think is correct to do
    Hahah...Very good joke

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    My question was obviously offtopic in that thread Albo. Your answer was ok but for me this is an important question and I would like to know what other members think about
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I'm actually grateful for members like Albo that has publically exposed people as scammers/traders. If he would have went straight to the staff and reported it, then the rest of us may have never found out about this person.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I'm actually grateful for members like Albo that has publically exposed people as scammers/traders. If he would have went straight to the staff and reported it, then the rest of us may have never found out about this person.
    yup, but there's always two sides of a coin. many times the exposer that goes public with his suspicions doesn't present any proof other than that it's his gut feeling. what if the exposed user in question is completely innocent? his rep will be destroyed without having done anything wrong.

it's like when the media publishes pictures and identity of a suspect, and later that suspect is cleared from suspicion.. he's doomed to live with that suspect image for the rest of his life.. sure the consequenses in this case might not be as serious and damaging to a persons life, but you get the picture
    Last edited by danio; 02-11-2009 at 11:16 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    pharaoh's Avatar King of the Desert BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    people here do have a problem of assuming things. Like some actually believe that public giveaways aren't a security risk to the tracker. While it okay to show racism to traders. When in fact they both cause the same amount of security problems. What's even funnier is that anti-traders are condoning traders and most are to stupid to realize it. Because if you know it happens here, and your still here, only complaining your accepting that's it's okay even though you don't like it! HELLO!!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    yup, but there's always two sides of a coin. many times the exposer that goes public with his suspicions doesn't present any proof other than that it's his gut feeling. what if the exposed user in question is completely innocent?
    Go to his profile in T-i http://www.***************.com/members/ovisan.html And decide for yourself if he's innocent or not. Don't forget to look at his Bt Rep/Feedback.

@Fst Mods. Notice I didn't accuse anybody now. I just gave a profile link which is totally harmless. It's up to the users to think what they want to think.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    albo, i was speaking in general about the rule to not accuse people in public, cause i can see a ton of scenarios were innocent users gets hurt if it was allowed.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast