Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you be offended if the new Call of Duty had you in nazi skin?

Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    I've been playing World at War for a bit now, and can't help but think...there has probably been a game from every perspective of the war, but THE NAZIS.
    game devs are probably to scared to make one because of all the shits they'd get.

I mean,the problem is the very fundamentals of video games. the point of the game is to win. winning as a nazi would bring such bad publicity...

I don't care though. It bothers people that people would get offended by a nazi game, and i know they would. It's not like they would make it about slaughtering jews or anything, it would just be the way told from a different perspective. maybe the final map could be a major battle the nazi's won or something.

I would be estactic if they made a game where you played as nazi's, something that's never been done and tells the tale from the other side.

2. Games   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i wouldn't be offended at all. It would be a interesting story, as you would have to be fighting just to gain time for retreating.
    Though of course i always think it's funnier to kill germans in these games, maybe because i've got used to listen the german language as something related to enemy, due to these games.

3. Games   -   #3
    Also Resident Evil 5 is claimed to be showing racistic behavior ..

Source:
    http://kotaku.com/gaming/zombie-raci...ism-284725.php

For many people the trailer for Resident Evil 5 was seen as an exciting new direction for the definitive survival horror franchise. For others, it's racist hate mongering at its worst. Kym Platt at Black Looks, a blog dedicated to exploring issues concerning African women, expresses her concerns over the trailer which depicts Chris Redfield in what appears to be an African setting, struggling against a horde of black zombies.

This is problematic on so many levels, including the depiction of Black people as inhuman savages, the killing of Black people by a white man in military clothing, and the fact that this video game is marketed to children and young adults. Start them young... fearing, hating, and destroying Black people.
    Well okay, they are on the fifth game now.. Isn't it quite unlikely that the T-virus shouldn't have spread to the middle east or at least Africa by now?

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    I don't see why we should treat black people differently, they have the same right as white people to be zombies...

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dezza View Post
    Also Resident Evil 5 is claimed to be showing racistic behavior ..

Source:
    http://kotaku.com/gaming/zombie-raci...ism-284725.php

This is problematic on so many levels, including the depiction of Black people as inhuman savages, the killing of Black people by a white man in military clothing, and the fact that this video game is marketed to children and young adults. Start them young... fearing, hating, and destroying Black people.
    Well okay, they are on the fifth game now.. Isn't it quite unlikely that the T-virus shouldn't have spread to the middle east or at least Africa by now?
    Yeah I'm sorry but that shit pisses me off. last game we were in Spain killing them off, did the Spanish complain?

The damn president of the united states is black for gods sake, what the heck lady. also, I don't think resident evil is aimed at children, it's M.

Then again, that zombie does remind me of kanye west.

or maybe a young uncle ruckus

Last edited by Col. Skillz; 02-13-2009 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Games   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    If I'm not mistaken, CoD and CoD2 single player campaigns put the player through American, Russian, and German perspectives alike.

yo

7. Games   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    It's a game , no not at all . Funny tho as my in laws are Krauts so have asked my boys to leave the war games alone when they come over . Don't mention the war and all that Monty Python stuff .
    Last edited by peat moss; 02-14-2009 at 12:41 AM.

8. Games   -   #8
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    I dont think is gonna happen, if u really want it i watched this documentary where these nazi skin heads played some nazi computer games may be u should go ask one of them if u can borrow it.

9. Games   -   #9
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Not really you all know that the german natzy where one of the strongest forces in world war I and II . If the game wants to be so realistic then DO IT

10. Games   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, CoD and CoD2 single player campaigns put the player through American, Russian, and German perspectives alike.
    no mate, think you mixed up the britts with the germans
    Last edited by Col. Skillz; 02-17-2009 at 02:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast