Thread: Nachi Worm!

Ok I need some help getting rid of this worm! I swear theres a worm epademic going on............. Ok first I had the welchia worm I removed that. Then I got the blaster worm got rid of that and patched my system. Now I have the nachi worm so I've had almost all varents to this worm lol... Ok the problem is norton doesn't even detect it and it's up to date. Avg doesn't detect it on a manual full system scan But the AVG Resident shield picks it up and tells me it's location. The location of it is C:\System Volume Infomation\_restore{E0C22EC0-D318-4D95_967D-A5C2B4653ED0}\RP5\A0001282.EXE But I can't seem to find the directory I made sure to unhide all folders and even tried to do a search. I also went to run and typed in the dir but it's like the dir doesn't exsist!!!! Anyone have any ideas?!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    have u tried PC-cillin

sum nerd at college was telling all about it, saying it's gr8 4 new viruses, but don't quote me on that

try it

http://www.trendmicro.com/en/products/desk...te/overview.htm

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by freak@16 September 2003 - 11:48
    Ok I need some help getting rid of this worm! I swear theres a worm epademic going on............. Ok first I had the welchia worm I removed that. Then I got the blaster worm got rid of that and patched my system. Now I have the nachi worm so I've had almost all varents to this worm lol... Ok the problem is norton doesn't even detect it and it's up to date. Avg doesn't detect it on a manual full system scan But the AVG Resident shield picks it up and tells me it's location. The location of it is C:\System Volume Infomation\_restore{E0C22EC0-D318-4D95_967D-A5C2B4653ED0}\RP5\A0001282.EXE But I can't seem to find the directory I made sure to unhide all folders and even tried to do a search. I also went to run and typed in the dir but it's like the dir doesn't exsist!!!! Anyone have any ideas?!
    turn system restore off and then scan

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Shareholder I already know all the info on the worm just having a problem destroying it...... MetroStars I've used PC-cillin before and had nothing but problems with it..... And Musleman what turning off my system restore going to do? My virus scanners don't even find the worm with a scan... What i need to figure out is how to find that dir... which seems to be non-exsistent

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by freak@16 September 2003 - 12:48
    Shareholder I already know all the info on the worm just having a problem destroying it...... MetroStars I've used PC-cillin before and had nothing but problems with it..... And Musleman what turning off my system restore going to do? My virus scanners don't even find the worm with a scan... What i need to figure out is how to find that dir... which seems to be non-exsistent
    it looks like a system restor directory, if you have a virus you need to turn system restore off, otherwise it could stay in the restore directory, by turning it off you will destroy all stored points and anything containd in them, turn it off and see if you can find it again