Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Hard Drive

dude just go for IBM (Hitachi) hard drive, dont confuse urslef with all that muble jumble!!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by Makaveli-tha-don@16 September 2003 - 22:04
    dude just go for IBM (Hitachi) hard drive, dont confuse urslef with all that muble jumble!!!!
    that mumble jumble is important to me though
    if i buy something, i want to know if it's worth buying or if i've been 'done'
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Maxtrox HD&#39;s are really reliable. I beat the hell out of my harddrive with power shutdowns while it was still running, and that would explain why my motherboard is sucking, But where anothers have failed, Maxtrox has surpassed with flying colors.

Also Seagate has really good harddrives as well. Better then western digital.
    seatgate builds them tuff. So you have a good choice between seagate and maxtrox. Max harddrives are not cheap either, but well worth the money. I saw a 120 gig yesterday for 180 bucks.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    noob, buddy, wait until a rebate sale is available. Search the internet tommorrow for a rebate on that exact drive. You should not pay full price because (I don&#39;t know about UK, but in the US, every Sunday there is a rebate sale where that drive (or one even bigger) has an &#036;80 rebate on it...with the money you save you can get a fasttrack RAID controller, which is badass in my experince..

http://www.digitaldeals.net/article.php?sid=2902

http://www.salescircular.com/tx/computer/hdiskp.shtml

woops, I did not see the credit card thing...don&#39;t they have rebates in the UK?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by zapjb@16 September 2003 - 14:31
    For me I&#39;d get either a Seagate, WD or maybe Maxtor in that order. But the thing thats been overlooked here are the warranties. 90% of HDD today have a 1yr p&l but some still have a 3yr p&l. I&#39;d get a 3yr.
    Seagate, WesternDigital or Maxtor.

My opinion is the same and in that order too.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by adamp2p@21 September 2003 - 06:06
    don&#39;t they have rebates in the UK?
    no, we don&#39;t get rebates here in the uk... :&#39;(
    thanks for the advice though

everything costs more here too...

i&#39;ve still not ordered the drive yet, i&#39;ve been busy with uni and i&#39;ve been trying to sort out the inside of my case, leaving enough room between my two hard drives, just to avoid any heat problems...i&#39;m looking at getting some rails for 3.5" -> 5.25" conversion, or just moving the two hard drives a few inches apart...

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    You can find those rails from some old junked PCs. I have a whole bunch here.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@21 September 2003 - 20:23
    You can find those rails from some old junked PCs. I have a whole bunch here.
    can you throw me some over, please?
    just stick some wings on them, grow some muslces and you&#39;ll be fine...

the place i&#39;m trying to get them from has a 14 day wait...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Toss&#33;

Did you catch them?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    arrrggghhh&#33;&#33;

you hit me in the eye

i&#39;m suing you for all you&#39;ve got...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast