Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Hard Drive

Poster
    Sorry man, I was only trying to help. :">

To sue me here in Canada won't work.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Somebody1234+21 September 2003 - 13:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Somebody1234 @ 21 September 2003 - 13:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-zapjb@16 September 2003 - 14:31
    For me I&#39;d get either a Seagate, WD or maybe Maxtor in that order. But the thing thats been overlooked here are the warranties. 90% of HDD today have a 1yr p&l but some still have a 3yr p&l. I&#39;d get a 3yr.
    Seagate, WesternDigital or Maxtor.

My opinion is the same and in that order too. [/b][/quote]
    I can agree too to a certain extent. So far I&#39;ve only had a Seagta drives and they always worked very well for me. I dont know bout the others though.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    just ordered the western digital 2 mins ago
    i&#39;m getting more p*ssed off with this windows install keeping on crashing

i&#39;ll get the new hdd on tuesday (along with 100cd&#39;s) and back everything up, then do a fresh install...

thanks for the advice everyone...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@21 September 2003 - 21:41
    arrrggghhh&#33;&#33;

you hit me in the eye

i&#39;m suing you for all you&#39;ve got...

very very funny guys.

By the way Somebody1234 your avatar is down.

edit: its back up

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster
    By the way Somebody1234 your avatar is down.
    Yeah, I noticed it right away. I was using fhost to host my sig and avatar. Fhost is now down. (Looks like fhost is down for good but I can&#39;t be sure of that.)

Anyway I got them hosted at:

It&#39;s the old PicStore that has changed names and new look.

http://galleries.vinyamar.com/ps/

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    In the last 2 years, 5 maxtor failures, 1 WD failure, All had 3 year immediate replacement warranty with an additional 2 years from the retailer, total 5 year over the counter, no questions asked. If they don&#39;t have mine in stock, I get the next best in store drive as a replacement. Example, if I blow a 40 and all they have in store is an 80, I get the 80 as a direct replacement.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    3rd_Gen, don&#39;t bother backing up stuff onto CD,hook up your new drive, partition it, install windows, put your old drive into you pc either as slave or on the other IDE cable, then you can copy all the stuff to the new drive just using copy n paste. You might actually want a CD-r backup though, maybe i picked you up wrong.

also, just wondering, if you&#39;re hard drive fails, and you have *cough* some dubious files on there (mp3&#39;s etc), or even nothing illegal, but personal, like credit card details etc, wouldn&#39;t it be possible for the manufacturer to recover those files while they are checking if the drive is genuinely buggered? or is it cheaper for them just to take your word for it and chuck the drive out and give you a new one. i&#39;d have thought it would be an invasion of privacy if they got you&#39;re drive running again and were able to see all your files.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Originally posted by the_faceman@22 September 2003 - 02:02
    3rd_Gen, don&#39;t bother backing up stuff onto CD,hook up your new drive, partition it, install windows, put your old drive into you pc either as slave or on the other IDE cable, then you can copy all the stuff to the new drive just using copy n paste. You might actually want a CD-r backup though, maybe i picked you up wrong.
    yeah, that was what i was gonna do
    i&#39;m also gonna ghost the new install so i don&#39;t need to take so long over it next time...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Poster
    Depends where you buy but I&#39;ve never had a problem with returned drives. Some places will just pull the sticker off and grind the drive, others just do a quick diagnostic before mashing them. They aren&#39;t concerned with what you have, they have all the software they could ever need already anyway. And no time to go through 40+ gig looking for something interesting.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    and the fact thats its probably illegal for them to check the contents of the drive without permission etc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast