Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Obama...

The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I hope you guys don't mind me intruding a bit. Obviously I don't know as much about American politics as you.

Here's a European opinion: It can't be much worse than it was. If a president comes to your country and he looks like he doesn't really give a shit about where he is and why, then it doesn't look good. hopefully when that president is black he knows how it is to be showed to the side, so he won't do that to others and will show some respect to the country he's visiting.

At any rate, America has been through tougher times, you'll get through this too. You can't expect too much from politicians, there's a lot of money involved and in those cases people tend to loose their minds.
    Last edited by The_Martinator; 02-25-2009 at 06:47 PM.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    In case you didn't know, PDFs cannot be keyword-searched for content; there is literally no way to review this mess.
    Someone's been listening to Rush Limbaugh.

[youtube]DLOQ4vKl_3Y[/youtube]

Ignore the title, posted by another retard like yourself. This guy couldn't even understand that you CAN keyword-search PDF files, when it was right there in front of him, when he was UPLOADING IT!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDudePants View Post
    In case you didn't know, PDFs cannot be keyword-searched for content; there is literally no way to review this mess.

Ignore the title, posted by another retard like yourself. This guy couldn't even understand that you CAN keyword-search PDF files, when it was right there in front of him, when he was UPLOADING IT!
    You do Olbermann - who are you calling a retard, retard?

"Uploading it"?

Wtf?
    Last edited by j2k4; 02-27-2009 at 10:58 AM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    You may try to make a case over the issue of privacy, but that is a relative thing as well; I am struck currently by a section of the stimulus package that has to do with our (seemingly) impending national health care system - there will be a decision-making body (what this has to do with "stimulus" is a mystery to me, but there it is), tasked to determine whether a person of a certain age and state of health will be eligible for any of a myriad of expensive/life-saving medical procedures, based on actuarials.

So-

A faceless government entity will consult this person's medical history and issue a proclamation of worthiness...and no concerns about privacy are to be raised?
    Can you point me to this section of the bill please?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    If its not Universal, then its worthless

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36

"Uploading it"?

Wtf?
    "You do Olbermann" WTF!?

And! And, I said, so clearly "when it was right there in front of him, when he was UPLOADING IT!" meaning of course, that, when the person who "uploaded" -- like when you send a video file to a web server via PHP, ASP, MySQL, etc. -- he failed to realize that you can keyword-search PDFs and he even had a video explaining that you can keyword-search PDFs right there in front of him, which you failed to realize as well, yet the YouTube user continued to upload the video, and criticize Olbermann.

And, YOU are retarded.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37

"Uploading it"?

Wtf?
    "You do Olbermann" WTF!?

And! And, I said, so clearly "when it was right there in front of him, when he was UPLOADING IT!" meaning of course, that, when the person who "uploaded" -- like when you send a video file to a web server via PHP, ASP, MySQL, etc. -- he failed to realize that you can keyword-search PDFs and he even had a video explaining that you can keyword-search PDFs right there in front of him, which you failed to realize as well, yet the YouTube user continued to upload the video, and criticize Olbermann.

And, YOU are retarded.
    Me?

Retarded?

Well, then.

It seems I have your attention, don't I?

That's good, then - don't go away, please.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    ...so far?

No transparency; plenty of obfuscation.

Lying about the pork in the stimulus bill.

Bipartisanship means "my way or the highway".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Grim, The Huffington Post

If it's budget time, it's good to be a red state. And it's very good to be Mississippi.

According to an analysis by the nonpartisan Taxpayers for Common Sense, Mississippi has won the earmark contest in the omnibus budget package.

Mississippi Republican Sen. Thad Cochran led his colleagues by raking in more than $470 million in 204 earmarks. Mississippi's junior Republican, Roger Wicker, pulled in more than $390 million. The totals can't be added together because the figure includes earmarks each received solo and with others, so the same earmark could be in both senators' column. Cochran, on his own, pulled in roughly $76 million and Wicker brought home $4 million.

Cochran's $76 million ranks him sixth among solo earmarkers. (Earmarks can be requested individually, with other members of Congress or along with the president.)

Senate Democrats and Republican ate roughly the same amount from the government trough on a solo basis, although Democrats have one and half times as many members. Democratic members secured about $677 million in individual earmarks; Republicans brought home $669 million. Those solo figures, however, don't tell the entire story, because about six billion more was requested by groups of lawmakers.

For solo earmarks, nobody beat out Sen. Bob Byrd (D-W.Va.), last year's appropriations committee chairman. The defender of earmarks took home $123 million. Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) came in second, with $114 million. Sen. Kit Bond (R-Mo.) rounded out the top three, bringing home $86 million by himself.

Republican leader Mitch McConnell is bringing $51 million back to Kentucky and Democratic leader Harry Reid earmarked $27 million for Nevada. They ranked tenth and seventeenth, respectively.

Louisiana did well, too. Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu took in the third-most joint and solo earmarks, bringing home $332 million for local projects. Her Republican colleague, Sen. David Vitter, pulled down the fifth-most at $249 million.

The Louisianans straddled Iowa Democrat Tom Harkin, the chairman of the agriculture committee, who brought back $292 million.

Rural and small-state voters were the big winners on an absolute and on a per capita basis, even though it was big states and urban areas that have delivered Congress and the White House to Democrats. Of the top ten earmarking senators, only Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.; $77 million solo; $235 combined), represents a large state and only three of the top ten are blue states. In the top 20, only six blue states are represented.
    Apparently it's not "pork" when practiced by Republicans.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39

"You do Olbermann" WTF!?

And, YOU are retarded.
    Me?

Retarded?

Well, then.

What the fuck!?

Write in English, you illiterate republican.

Though I shouldn't disgrace other languages by grouping you in with them.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Grim, The Huffington Post

If it's budget time, it's good to be a red state. And it's very good to be Mississippi.

According to an analysis by the nonpartisan Taxpayers for Common Sense, Mississippi has won the earmark contest in the omnibus budget package.

Mississippi Republican Sen. Thad Cochran led his colleagues by raking in more than $470 million in 204 earmarks. Mississippi's junior Republican, Roger Wicker, pulled in more than $390 million. The totals can't be added together because the figure includes earmarks each received solo and with others, so the same earmark could be in both senators' column. Cochran, on his own, pulled in roughly $76 million and Wicker brought home $4 million.

Cochran's $76 million ranks him sixth among solo earmarkers. (Earmarks can be requested individually, with other members of Congress or along with the president.)

Senate Democrats and Republican ate roughly the same amount from the government trough on a solo basis, although Democrats have one and half times as many members. Democratic members secured about $677 million in individual earmarks; Republicans brought home $669 million. Those solo figures, however, don't tell the entire story, because about six billion more was requested by groups of lawmakers.

For solo earmarks, nobody beat out Sen. Bob Byrd (D-W.Va.), last year's appropriations committee chairman. The defender of earmarks took home $123 million. Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) came in second, with $114 million. Sen. Kit Bond (R-Mo.) rounded out the top three, bringing home $86 million by himself.

Republican leader Mitch McConnell is bringing $51 million back to Kentucky and Democratic leader Harry Reid earmarked $27 million for Nevada. They ranked tenth and seventeenth, respectively.

Louisiana did well, too. Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu took in the third-most joint and solo earmarks, bringing home $332 million for local projects. Her Republican colleague, Sen. David Vitter, pulled down the fifth-most at $249 million.

The Louisianans straddled Iowa Democrat Tom Harkin, the chairman of the agriculture committee, who brought back $292 million.

Rural and small-state voters were the big winners on an absolute and on a per capita basis, even though it was big states and urban areas that have delivered Congress and the White House to Democrats. Of the top ten earmarking senators, only Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.; $77 million solo; $235 combined), represents a large state and only three of the top ten are blue states. In the top 20, only six blue states are represented.
    Apparently it's not "pork" when practiced by Republicans.
    I've already told you, I am not a republican.

Fact is, Obama signed off on it, he was the one who said, "no pork, no earmarks", so the arrow points at him.

Me?

Retarded?

Well, then.

What the fuck!?

Write in English, you illiterate republican.

Though I shouldn't disgrace other languages by grouping you in with them.
    See above.

Seems you want to pick a fight - have at it, please.

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast