Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How About Automatic Cancelling

How about automatic cancelling of upload to ppl that dont share ?

It would be really cool to have this feature, it's really annoying to have 5 ppl downloading from you and none of them share a goddam single file.

Maybe there are reasons against such a "feature" ?

Usually when I see ppl downloading from me and I have nothing good to do, I do a search for files they have, if 2 searches come empty I cancel their download and stop sharing the file they wanted (that's the only way to stop them downloading from you), these ppl don't deserve to use p2p. It would be cool to i.e. block an IP from downloading from you, that way you can still share the file to other ppl. And if klite could do that automatically, that'd maybe increase the number of good p2p users ?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by Ael@15 September 2003 - 20:57
    Yep, that would be nice, if only we could know for sure who shares and who doesn't! Remember: privacy patch?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    hmmm
    how does that privacy patch work ? It allows to find files from ppl the usual way (search button) but prevents searching files looking by the username ? (I just got these new things, dunno for sure yet)

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    No, not exactly... It lets you share but prevent people from getting a list of all your shared files : the "find more from same user" function won't be effective on you...
    But that may lead some into thinking you're leeching !

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Well, what's that "privacy policy" good for then ? I'd for sure trade that privacy thing for an "leecher fvker" system anytime...

EDIT:It could be made such a way that whenever someone starts downloading from you, your klite does a simple request to the downloader, i.e., person starts downloading a 100MB video file from you, your klite then sends a request to the downloader and asks his klite if at least 50MB of video files are being shared, if there is enough files being shared, he can download, otherwise he'll be blocked from downloading that video from ppl, he'd then receive a warning telling him why, and he would get more video files and share before getting the bigger ones... Dunno if that system can or cannot be easily cracked though, that's the only problem...
    It wouldn't require a full list of his files too, not much bandwidth wasted here.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Already maded ,but i don't know if works or not

From the site:

Kazaa Kontrol Leech Killer is a Kazaa utility that will check each person in your download que. It will check to see if they are sharing files and if they are not sharing then a message will be sent to them saying,"You must share to download from this person" and then their download is canceled. If enough people use Kazaa Kontrol then more people will share... which means faster downloads and more files for everyone!!! Kazaa Kontrol also has Mega Search and SuperNode Hop Functions!!

Kazaa Kontrol Leech Killer

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Ael@15 September 2003 - 14:57

It would be really cool to have this feature, it's really annoying to have 5 ppl downloading from you and none of them share a goddam single file.

Maybe there are reasons against such a "feature" ?

Usually when I see ppl downloading from me and I have nothing good to do, I do a search for files they have, if 2 searches come empty I cancel their download and stop sharing the file they wanted (that's the only way to stop them downloading from you), these ppl don't deserve to use p2p. It would be cool to i.e. block an IP from downloading from you, that way you can still share the file to other ppl. And if klite could do that automatically, that'd maybe increase the number of good p2p users ?
    Exactly how many times has this been brought up? A lot.... Try doing a search before posting... Out of all the times this has been posted: It would not be smart to do because sometimes Kazaa has to look up a user name more then once for it to show the list of files and don't forget the privacy patch. You'd be a leech trying to prevent others from leeching by cancelling other people's downloads who really are sharing.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    hmmm, interesting, but 2 problems...
    1 - It's not free (and certainly hard to find, u know a link?) =(
    2(not so big) - It's 1 year old, it wouldn't be very good to use nowadays with that pivacy thing (it would only hurt those that use the privacy thing though).

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by downloader2008@15 September 2003 - 21:26
    Out of all the times this has been posted: It would not be smart to do because sometimes Kazaa has to look up a user name more then once for it to show the list of files
    Well, just make it search 5x, if it stills find nothing but the person has files, he can try downloading again, until it works...

and don't forget the privacy patch.
    I didn't.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by sharedholder@15 September 2003 - 21:16
    Already maded ,but i don't know if works or not

From the site:

Kazaa Kontrol Leech Killer is a Kazaa utility that will check each person in your download que. It will check to see if they are sharing files and if they are not sharing then a message will be sent to them saying,"You must share to download from this person" and then their download is canceled. If enough people use Kazaa Kontrol then more people will share... which means faster downloads and more files for everyone!!! Kazaa Kontrol also has Mega Search and SuperNode Hop Functions!!

Kazaa Kontrol Leech Killer
    Just clicked on yor link - Had a look at your Page - Returned to Traffic Window - And suddenly all the Low users are been canceled

Is this just a coincidence !!! Lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast