Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Irc channel for FST?

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    We had a room on soulseek. FC set it up an we joined in, shared files and chatted.

That was fun, it was like a one to one filesharing thing with chat added in to the mix.

How things have progressed since then.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    it will be huge but i don't think this would work. Because people couldn't chat ... from the spam

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    n00b
    I would definitely join! Always fun to have some place to idle and chat every now and then!

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    IRC was my first venture into the internet, You can learn everything you want on there from microsoft word to Securing your network...Happy days
    But you can also get hacked with bots(iroffer root kits) and have your PC become part of a Botnet as i did when i accepted a file someone sent me ,you live and learn.
    As far as setting up a channel for this place ,why not its a free world. If you want to do just do it but take my advice, Its starts off easy then gradually kicks you in the sack , And then you become an admin and the power goes to your head and you sit there banning everyone you don't like, like a real sad sack.
    But on a brighter note , I'll join
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Well I doubt any staff here have the time to set up and manage an irc channel. Someone would either have to find some way to mod the forum so that the ips coming into the irc match up with the ips for that user's profile so that there wouldn't be people coming in as someone else to start shit or confuse people. I think it would just be way too much work to make an 'official' irc channel for FST.

You guys can feel free to make one yourself

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    if there is one, i am definitely in, would be awesome even just to talk most of the sites i am on xS has a dead irc chat xS tr as an example, i wanna talk with guyz who are into beats... xD but cant find a group of peole talking over it really especially on trackers, so bring it on, i will be there xD though now exam period, will be regularly on it.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Tbh, I'm not a big fan of IRC. I'm in a time zone when not much is going on, so I prefer forums. The fact that this one doesn't have an IRC channel actually makes it better for me, as I don't miss anything.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    i agree with you. i want IRC, too!

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    Quote Originally Posted by vasamihu View Post
    i agree with you. i want IRC, too!
    Download mIRC.

Done.
    Last edited by kaffeine; 04-14-2009 at 04:20 PM.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Qlix's Avatar saving forever BT Rep: +1
    I agree, a FST IRC Channel would be kewl.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast