Thread: NewsDemon == BullShit

Just a warning.
    Today I found an nzb that I truly love to get.
    Here it is:
    https://www.binsearch.info/?b=Thuy+Nga+CD+Collection+1+-+428&g=alt.binaries.vcdz&p=Zulu%40vcdz.vnunited.com+(Zulu)+ThuyNgaCDCollection&max=250
    So I signed up for NewsDemon trial to take advantage of the 15GB trial, also to try out their services.

Result: No such article...
    Their ads say they have a 200 days retention and this NZB is 187 at this point. So beware, newsdemon is scum.
    LIAR!!!!

PS: I am downloading the whole thing ok with Astraweb right now
    Last edited by dfsadsadsa; 02-16-2009 at 02:01 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Why use another one when you already have Astraweb, Astra is unlimited.
    [center]

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I have the 100 GB block. Still have another 40 GB left.
    Hope they keep the 11$/month deal until I run out

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I have the 3 month unlimited myself, I payed the extra $6 for the 3 month block because money is tight right now, and for me it was a great deal..
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dfsadsadsa View Post
    Just a warning.
    Here it is:
    https://www.binsearch.info/?b=Thuy+Nga+CD+Collection+1+-+428&g=alt.binaries.vcdz&p=Zulu%40vcdz.vnunited.com+(Zulu)+ThuyNgaCDCollection&max=250
    So I signed up for NewsDemon trial to take advantage of the 15GB trial, also to try out their services.

Their ads say they have a 200 days retention and this NZB is 187 at this point. So beware, newsdemon is scum.
    LIAR!!!!

Wow, watch your language. Look, I can be rude too. You're a foul-mouthed prick

You did not even pay for an account, you used a trial account. They are there so you can try out their services, not so you can just grab something you really want because you are too cheap to pay. Just because a post is missing does not mean you have to come on here and say bad things about them when you not actually tested it properly. Perhaps they received a removal request for that post because of copyright infringement, did you ever think of that? there are many possible reasons as to why the post is missing.
    Last edited by UsenetGuy; 02-16-2009 at 11:31 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    But it's not missing, read the bottom, he's downloading it fine with Astraweb
    [center]

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by UsenetGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dfsadsadsa View Post
    Just a warning.
    Here it is:

LIAR!!!!

Wow, watch your language. Look, I can be rude too. You're a foul-mouthed prick

You did not even pay for an account, you used a trial account. They are there so you can try out their services, not so you can just grab something you really want because you are too cheap to pay. Just because a post is missing does not mean you have to come on here and say bad things about them when you not actually tested it properly. Perhaps they received a removal request for that post because of copyright infringement, did you ever think of that? there are many possible reasons as to why the post is missing.
    agreed.

ROFL @ you dfsadsadsa
    Last edited by ericab; 02-17-2009 at 04:35 AM.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Poster
    when i tested newsdemon retention(2 weeks ago) the retention was barely 160 days both us ans eu servers.It was quite funny to read this news lol
    http://www.newsdemon.com/blog/2009/0...ups-retention/ what a duplicity! But what do you expect when the leader giganews is lying with their retention too