Thread: REQ: Getting a friend onto what.cd?

Hey guys,
    I've been a long-time member of what.cd. Love everything about it. It's been about 15 months since I've joined and had been enjoying life as a Power User over there until recently. I've kind of gone on a downloading binge since I've been rediscovering older blues, 90's hip-hop, and reggae. I seed my ass off and have since been able to invite a couple friends over. With the exception of one deletion due to inactivity, most of them are doing really well. The problem is I've used my 5 invites up already and I've recently met a buddy who is almost more into music than I am. He's stuck downloading from public trackers at the moment and is asking me how he can go about getting onto a better site. I said I'd look into it and see if I can get anything done for him. I know it's a shot in the dark, but hey - my first ever private site invite was to Oink and it was sent from a member on here just after I finished the 30-day member access restriction. He hooked me up just on the basis that 'I seemed to know a thing or 2 about music' and I turned out okay (or at least I seem to think so). I'm kind of hoping someone will be able to do the same thing for my bud. Let me know, and thanks!

Oh, and I guess I should show a Ratio Proof of my what.cd just to prove I'm not bs'ing.

What.cd Ratio:

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    slymester's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"") BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Have him do the irc interview

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Wow. I'm an idiot. I completely forgot about that. I don't think my bud knows much about what they'll ask him about (ie. EAC, ripping, etc) but I'll mention it as a possibility and hook him up with a couple links and see if he can figure it out. Thanks for the quick reply.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Donations net 2 invites as well

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by mbfraser View Post
    Wow. I'm an idiot. I completely forgot about that. I don't think my bud knows much about what they'll ask him about (ie. EAC, ripping, etc) but I'll mention it as a possibility and hook him up with a couple links and see if he can figure it out. Thanks for the quick reply.
    If he wants to be there badly and you've yped What up for him, thne he won't mind studying this stuff a bit. It will help him, if he wants to upload stuff.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.