Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimsufi Dedicated Server

I am thinking of buying the Kimsufi L server from http://www.kimsufi.co.uk/

Just woundering if it would be a good choice for a seedbox?

also is the speed really 100mbps becuase it says at the bottom Limit and excess (monthly)
    Bandwidth at 95%:
    OVH to Internet 8 Mbps

what does this mean?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I don't know what it means but OVH will cap the box after you upload around 6 TB. After that, you will get 8 mbps speed, i.e. 1 MB/s upload speed. If you don't need much more than 6 TB, then go for Kimsufi L. It is a very cheap seedbox.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    thanks for the quick reply. I dont think i will be uploading 6tb a month, but can someone else confirm this is true?
    Also do they have any other fees like setup fee?
    and can i cancel after 1 month?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I have a box that has uploaded more than 6TB and is still normal priority. YMMV!
    kimsufi doesn't have setup fees.
    and yes, you can cancel (not renew) after one month.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    peugeottech's Avatar Poster
    i had i kimsufi l box when i started and found it very good i uploaded around 4 TB with no probs and i have now moved up to a 4XL kim box and am finding it great + go for the ubuntu desktop as its very easy to use as you will have to pay more for windows

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    72363 BT Rep: +4
    I've a Kimsufi L server since almost a month ago and the bandwith count is 6TB

No problems, upload speed normally 5mb/s and the fresh torrents on TL reach 10.5mb/s sometimes

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    If you take the cheapest package (kimsufi), what is the speed of the system? Does it then better to buy a larger package worth?

What version of OS used on the cheapest package?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    well i used kimsufi L months ago yeah there is some problems with it but not a big deal...
    you need to limit your download speed around 3.5-4 cuz its crashing but about upload you can get all max outgoing(11MBsn)
    as you know this is a celeron processor and 1 gb ram its good for one person i got 6 Tb total traffic(5 tb just upload) well i had problemes with a partner he just used nearly 5 days and got 500 gb download he dont know what mean of seedbox he was using as leechbox this is why my box got 1 tb download traffic after he fired i got nearly 200 gb download for a month and 5 tb upload) so everyone be careful when you will go with a partner....
    about os ppl can use ubuntu+wine+utorrent but if you want windows you need to pay extra

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Member BT Rep: +1
    i just upgraded my kimsufi xl to a 4xl with 2 friends we split the cost if ur interested ill give u access "private" i wont be using it at all for a really cheap price i have it until march 7th

if im allowed to do that lol im new here
    pm me if interested in trying that out before u commit and spend alot

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    thanks for all the responses. I think i am going to get it with Ubuntu. I am also running Linux mint on my pc, has anyone used linux to set up there server e.g using putty, vnc etc?
    I dont really want to switch back to windows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast