Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warez Newz

Reality Sets in on Elite “Warez” Server
    September 15, 2003
    Cory Higgins

German authorities moved in under the cloak of darkness and carried out raids at Global Access Telecommunications, and up to eight individuals residences. The target of the raid was a server know by the pirates who frequented it as “Unreality”. This massive sever had the ability to store nearly 11 terabytes of data. It was capable of pumping out bootlegs of the newest runaway Hollywood blockbusters, at speeds approaching nearly 1 gig a second.

Among the residences raided was that of a suspect identified as only Marco C., and employee of Global Access Telecommunications. German officials claim that the server had been operating as a major hub and distribution point for piracy on a global scale. The server had been operating for nearly 2 ˝ years. Around 400 users had accounts to access the server.

"The offenders felt safe due to their secrecy. They never expected to be detected. This case proves our belief in our ability to operate successfully against these sources. We have information about several more servers." Said Bernd Kulbe, the lead investigator. Slyck has learned but been unable to confirm that these release groups where among those who used “Unreality” as a dump site. PANTHEON , DCN , FTV , Boozers , RORiSO
    RiSE , GENESIS , TCF , FTV , FLT , and KALISTO.

These groups are among some of the most active releasers of “warez” onto the internet. TCF (the chosen few), is legendary for it release of first run movies. While FTV specializes in pre-broadcast feeds of television shows. What effect if any this has on the “scene” remains to be seen. It is likely that some groups may at the very least lay low for awhile.
    SOURCE

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    11 terabytes OMG thats big, i feel bad they got shut down.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Double Agent
    that is one fucking great machine

i'd luv to get my hands on it if they sell it on ebay

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    We can only dream.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    wot does this mean, cos i checked out all of my normal warez site and their all running fine...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    god damn that is alot of bandwidth and storage space.

still this happens every now and again. do you remember when drink or die got busted. they had a huge network that pumped out terrabytes of data every day.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    DAM i want a terabytes, where the hell do you get ahold of it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    one of the system admin of D0D was a sytem op at berkley if i remember. he had access to the university computers that is how he got hold of terrabytes of space and bandwidth.

still i only think a terrabyte is 1000 gigs so im sure jetje has about that much space with his 8 x 120 gig drives.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by 4play@17 September 2003 - 10:08
    one of the system admin of D0D was a sytem op at berkley if i remember. he had access to the university computers that is how he got hold of terrabytes of space and bandwidth.

still i only think a terrabyte is 1000 gigs so im sure jetje has about that much space with his 8 x 120 gig drives.
    yep jetje runs a server i think.. the pc is a server i mean.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    how much do u think a server like the one they caught costs

proud to be american

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast