Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: YENC-POWER-POST-A&A, Upload Using Secure SSL Server Connections

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    This is you "news server address?" For Astraweb it would look like this: they have 3 secure servers, and the lines below would be added to the end of sTunnel..just making sure the server setup part is right, and well go step by step.

(US)
    [nntp]
    accept = 119
    connect = us.secure.news.astraweb.com:563

(Europe)
    [nntp]
    accept = 119
    connect = eu.secure.news.astraweb.com:563

(just secure server)
    [nntp]
    accept = 119
    connect = secure.news.astraweb.com:563

Also, is port 119, 443, and 563 allowed in your firewall?
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 02-23-2009 at 02:36 AM.
    [center]

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #12
    Added the ports to UDP and TCP and still the same issue.

Could it be caus I have a router? Maybe I need to add the ports that way.

I will report back when I try that.

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #13
    I have a router too, I've not forwarded any ports or opened any besides the what came default.
    [center]

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #14
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    It seems your News server doesn't accept uploading in SSL/Tls,my secure news service is the same,i can download using there ssl/tls server service but they don't accept the uploading in ssl/tls ,they only allow normal connection uploading. You need to email them and ask them the question,can you upload in ssl/tls to there servers.
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstate01 View Post
    It seems your News server doesn't accept uploading in SSL/Tls,my secure news service is the same,i can download using there ssl/tls server service but they don't accept the uploading in ssl/tls ,they only allow normal connection uploading. You need to email them and ask them the question,can you upload in ssl/tls to there servers.
    Umm, no because we "both" have Astraweb and I've been uploading using SSL and using the very guide I posted
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 02-24-2009 at 07:30 PM.
    [center]

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #16
    I was replying to what iStiks was saying with "After adding 127.0.0.1 to PowerPost I try to upload files, but I get error: "441 Posting Failed (SSL Posting not available)" " Thats simply the server doesn't accept uploading,downloading will be fine via ssl/tls. I had that problem, I tried to upload noramlly(without ssl)and it worked fine,when i contacted my newsgroup they said they didn't have ssl/tls upstream enabled.
    Last edited by darkstate01; 02-24-2009 at 08:15 PM.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #17
    iStix's Avatar I'm rich b*ch!!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yeah, I gave up on that SSL thing... Support said, that they doesn't have Secure Upstream.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #18
    Thought so, It was the same as me,spent hours trying to suss it out what the problem was and it was as simple as ...They didn't support upstream ssl

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #19
    SonsOfLiberty which astraweb server are you connecting to? Are you using the defult ssl port?

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstate01 View Post
    I was replying to what iStiks was saying with "After adding 127.0.0.1 to PowerPost I try to upload files, but I get error: "441 Posting Failed (SSL Posting not available)" " Thats simply the server doesn't accept uploading,downloading will be fine via ssl/tls. I had that problem, I tried to upload noramlly(without ssl)and it worked fine,when i contacted my newsgroup they said they didn't have ssl/tls upstream enabled.
    Sorry bout' that, should've used quotes so I knew who ya was talking about

Quote Originally Posted by sassan View Post
    SonsOfLiberty which astraweb server are you connecting to? Are you using the defult ssl port?
    us.secure.news.astraweb.com:563

As of a few minutes I'm starting to get those erros now, have no idea why, uploaded over 5GB using this method. I did just recieve a new windows update, but I think the 'cause is the sockets not closing correctly which stunnel doesn't do correctly sometimes. Or Astraweb's server could just be overloaded right now, or my router needs unplugged and plugged back in, or for that matter my modem.

Here's another poster who uses this method as well.
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21362233-SSL-posting

I guess jBinup supports SSL internally so you don't have to use stunnel.

http://jbinup.com/en/

Never messed with it, but I cannot imagine why, my SSL upstream just decides to quit.

Also, I just oredered a new barbones rig, so I'll test this after the fresh install, either Wed or Thu...
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 02-25-2009 at 03:39 AM.
    [center]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast