Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: YENC-POWER-POST-A&A, Upload Using Secure SSL Server Connections

Sorry...
    Last edited by Ludvig; 04-08-2009 at 03:03 PM.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #32
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    yes, don't set your parts above 5000, I leave it at default.
    [center]

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #33
    isoman2kx
    thanks very much for posting this. I was uploading without SSL for a while there

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #34
    Thanks for the tutorial there... And to the author if he/she passes through!

One question though... Why does my upload not show on any NZB sites?

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #35
    Probably because no one posted it, or you named it funky enough that no one has found it yet, and if you mean search engine, it takes some anywhere between 15 minutes to a couple hours to show.
    [center]

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #36
    Thank you for this guide, it works like a charm!
    I will be uploading a ton of swedish stuff on usenet now for sure

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #37
    I know this thread really dates, but I 'think' I remember someone telling me about it a LONG time ago (the stunnel thingy with powerpost), but I finally got around to trying it out today (!!!)

Worked right off the bat (directions I CAN follow...!)

But it appears to (and I'm using the 'newest' 4.33 version), be chasing its tail a bit, in that when I try to ramp up the speed of powerpost, up to the level I can run it w/o the stunnel, it seems to trip over itself quite a bit, and generate a lot of handshake problems with the server it connects to.

Now, maybe it's the server I'm trying to work with, but even when it seems to be running 'fine', it still seems to be generating a lot of slowdowns, in that I can run PP only at about half the usual (non-SSL) speed before it starts tripping over itself.

I may try some other way (that JBinup maybe, I ran into that mentioned elsewhere), but it has to be SUPER stable, as I run this all on a separate machine that I set up and let run for days/weeks at a time.

ADD: I found a link that said the 11b version of Powerpost had 'problems' (not defined) with stunnel/ssl, and that version BG12 (12.2.7.0) did not.

http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31158

Perhaps I'll give that a try in a couple of days, unless (or until) I get a response here.
    Last edited by Beck38; 04-25-2010 at 07:02 PM.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #38
    Hmm.. I don't have a good upload anyway, but I use 11b, never failed me yet.

This one also worked fine for me. Yenc PowerPost-GB12
    [center]

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #39
    Well, it the stunnel seems to slow down PowerPost reaction to the bandwidth it's given in my setup, to about half that of non-stunnel operation.

Of course, I have very limited outgoing bandwidth, and it's competing against a goodly stream coming in. It does, like I said, stabilize when I put the 'max bandwidth' at about half that of the non-stunnel PowerPost, and stabilizes. But at half the rate.

I think the 'system' that stunnel uses lower the reaction time of Powerpost to stabilize vr. the competing bandwidth. If I run stunnel/PowerPost alone, I can easily get it up to the bandwidth of the non-stunnel. But once I ramp up any incoming data stream, it starts jumping around bandwidth wise (right on the strip chart).

Oh well, it's probably academic at this point, in that my current ISP is being bought out by a company that has extremely severe bandwidth caps, and I may have to go to a different provider, which in that case I will have to move to a VPN system anyways. In other words, less value for more bucks.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #40
    Perhaps?
    Code:
    http://www.spl-messages.net/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/270115/Guide_How_to_post_to_newsgroup

Not that I care.. just pointing out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast