Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: YENC-POWER-POST-A&A, Upload Using Secure SSL Server Connections

Okay, so I'm trying to get this JBinup to work, but am running into either "it doesn't work that way" or something else.

I've used yenc A@A vr. 11 for years and years, but due to various upgrades (i.e. faster, MUCH faster upgraded internet) found that 4 threads wasn't quite enough to swamp the upload, especially as the usenet-servers are generally a continent away from my physical location. But it is very stable, I'll give it that.

I've tried the GB12 version of yenc, but it appears to have MAJOR faults in it, i.e., stalling, even when limited even to only one thread, with every server I try it with. Crank it up to more threads, one only gets more problems. So, back to trying to work with JBinup.

Which works fine, when uploading only ONE file. Multiple files, LOTS of problems, particularly when/if one wants to suspend some of those files but not others. The entire program gets hosed, and refuses to do anything.

A good example is to add a series of files in the suspend mode, then try to un-suspend them at will. Doesn't work. The program simply sits there.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the programming is simply off the tracks in this area, as it does 'work' if one is dealing with one file only, not a multiple. Too bad, as this is something that yenc does totally without any muss or fuss.

Unfortunately, the GB12 version is too buggy to use. So I appear to be stuck between the rock and a hard place.

So, it comes down to, why won't JBinup allow one to pause a part (again, say you have a 100 part rar posting, and you want to pause part50), yet 'up-pause' all the other 99 parts.

'Will not work'

Addendum
    ========

Most of this I tracked down to the programmer(s) failure to follow the Microsoft programming style guide(s), something that in the Apple world would get one on S. Jobs 'Sh*t' list.

Still has some wackiness, will have to run some extended tests on it the next couple of days.
    Last edited by Beck38; 07-07-2010 at 02:07 AM.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #42
    Thanks. With a little tweaking I got this worked out.

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #43
    pconnor83
    Hi
    I added giganews to stunnel.conf. See below. Is this correct?. Please reply. Thanks

; **************************************************************************
    ; * Service definitions (at least one service has to be defined) *
    ; **************************************************************************

; Example SSL server mode services

[pop3s]
    accept = 995
    connect = 110

[imaps]
    accept = 993
    connect = 143

[ssmtp]
    accept = 465
    connect = 25

[nntp]
    accept = 119
    connect = news.giganews.com:563

; Example SSL client mode services

;[gmail-pop3]

;accept = 127.0.0.1:110
    ;connect = pop.gmail.com:995

;[gmail-imap]
    ;client = yes
    ;accept = 127.0.0.1:143
    ;connect = imap.gmail.com:993

;[gmail-smtp]
    ;client = yes
    ;accept = 127.0.0.1:25
    ;connect = smtp.gmail.com:465

; Example SSL front-end to a web server

;[https]
    ;accept = 443
    ;connect = 80
    ; "TIMEOUTclose = 0" is a workaround for a design flaw in Microsoft SSL
    ; Microsoft implementations do not use SSL close-notify alert and thus
    ; they are vulnerable to truncation attacks
    ;TIMEOUTclose = 0

; vim:ft=dosini

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #44
    If i were you, i wouldn't upload anything with a Giganews account. They will Delete your account. It has happen to me before for uploading the X Men workprint. You're better off with Astraweb if you plan on uploading to newsgroups or get a block account from blocknews (little bit slower speeds atleast for me and my vps, but if you don't have a 100mbit line then you should be fine as i was getting about 50mbit from them with my connections maxed out)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345