Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Baby question

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Avocado yesterday. He loved it! Tried apple today. Not as popular as banana and avocado, but still in the liking range.
    Sweet potato tomorrow I reckon.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    try mushied; potatoe + egg + carrot

3. Lounge   -   #63
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Do no such thing. Feeding eggs to young children, for fuck sake man get a grip of yourself. Yolks in 6 or 7 months maybe, whites a few months after that. If you feel so inclined.

Ignore everything ziggy says from now on skweeky. Consider putting him on ignore just to be safe.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    I'm glad the we man liked the avocado, clearly a potential hoops wearer.

Avocados are sometimes thought of as a vegetable but they are actually a fruit and contain more nutrients than any other fruit - perfect for weaning baby. They are also rich in monounsaturated fat, the ‘good type’ of fat which helps prevent heart disease. The high calorie content of avocado makes it a good food for growing babies. Avocado is a great source of the free radical fighting antioxidant vitamin E, which also boosts the immune system. Avocado is easy to digest.

Cut a small avocado in half, remove the stone, scoop out the flesh and mash together with a little of your baby’s usual milk.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Yeah I knew about the eggs. It's a bit early to start mixing foods yet. I'm just going to introduce all the things seperately and then in a month or so I'll start making him proper meals.
    So yeah, the avocado was a massive hit. He had a quarter of an avocado mixed with breastmilk, quite a lot for a wee man really. Well, I say wee... he's 17lbs now and in 6-9 months clothes because his legs are so long.

Loving every single minute of it though. Every night after I put him to bed I feel like I accomplished something really good. I love being a mum

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Yeah I knew about the eggs. It's a bit early to start mixing foods yet. I'm just going to introduce all the things seperately and then in a month or so I'll start making him proper meals.
    So yeah, the avocado was a massive hit. He had a quarter of an avocado mixed with breastmilk, quite a lot for a wee man really. Well, I say wee... he's 17lbs now and in 6-9 months clothes because his legs are so long.

Loving every single minute of it though. Every night after I put him to bed I feel like I accomplished something really good. I love being a mum
    It sounds to me like you're a natural, pal. Was there ever any doubt.

He's a lucky wee blighter.

I can't remember if you are a vegetablist, I don't think so but you never know nowadays. Some perfectly reasonable people are at it.

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Naw, I don't eat much meat and I prefer to eat tofu and veggie stuff but it's just out of preference not because I don't want to eat it.

Oh, on a completely different note. Do you own any shares? And if yes, can you recommend a decent trading account? I was looking at the HSBC one but I'm not sure if it would be a better idea to go with a proper stockbroker.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Naw, I don't eat much meat and I prefer to eat tofu and veggie stuff but it's just out of preference not because I don't want to eat it.

Oh, on a completely different note. Do you own any shares? And if yes, can you recommend a decent trading account? I was looking at the HSBC one but I'm not sure if it would be a better idea to go with a proper stockbroker.
    No knowledge of the subject at all, Pal.

I'd only be guessing. Les or the late manker may be able to help tho' I haven't seen either about in an age.

Are you specifically interested in shares or do you have money to invest. I'm told that the ISA is a good thing to do with spare cash because of the tax situation.

This is a good site for all things money related http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Here's a thing on ISAs for example, to give you a feel. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-cash-isa

9. Lounge   -   #69
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    ok i just did a read up, your right about the egg thing for babies under six months.
    It seems to be an allergenic food, like peanuts, specifically if it runs in the family.
    My bad.
    Never heard of the yolk vs egg white thing though.

10. Lounge   -   #70
    I was thinking RBS shares, I've already got some stuff in ISA's.

I shall track down Les and bother him.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast