Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Don't Get Over 1000 Files

Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I doubt u will get noticed so really no point.

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    My shared folder has 3,000 files in it but there is only a dozen music files and a couple of films.After a few beers, I unzipped cossacks and a couple of other pc games into my shared folder.Does this mean the RIAA think I'm a mass downloader 'cos I only went to the pub!

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    If they scanned your shared files which I doubt they did but if u are just that unlucky then they might think that.

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Originally posted by benn19uk@20 September 2003 - 12:06
    aw... I'm sharing 12,000 and I'm not onthe list :-( I'm almost dissapointed... On the other hand I'm not in America, so I'm not worrying about it anyway... And considering the amount I'm sharing I dont seem to get many people uploading from me... Just think, all that upload bandwidth going to waste...

I just had another thought... The RIAA is only interested in the music files right? What about movies? Or books? Or for that matter, software? There's been massive companies fighting against software piracy for years and they havent managed to prevent illegal copies of Windows XP or Photoshop getting onto people's PC's, why is everyone suddenly worried about music? Why doesnt there seem to be a similar thing on sharing movies? I admit that noone can share movies as fast as music, but even so I'm sure its a problem for Holloywood to face. Why is it only the music industry that is so damn greedy?
    Thats what I have been wondering if you can only get in trouble if you music files. I don't think they have said anything about movies, games, or books.

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention somone told me that the 12yr. old girl that got sued was sued becuase she had 12,000 computers connect to her computer in a week I think that they may be after you if you have a bunch of people connecting to your computer also.

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Everyone knows about the 12 yr. old gurl but it is kind of because she had computers connected they look for peeps with a large list of files that u are sharing then they go from there.

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    What If you aren't sharing anything at all

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by kdm172@22 September 2003 - 10:32
    What If you aren't sharing anything at all
    Then your a leech if u have files on your computer (which u do) and not sharing them cause I know u download so don't tick the disable sharing with other members box. Instead to keep people from knowing what files u have on your computer u can just go into kazaa-lite>options>"more options" then tick the "prevent other users from getting a list of your shared files.

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    and somewhere in their tick a box thts got eg: riaa and put ip blocker on. must update mine

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    My dad made me unistall kazaa lite because he heard about people getting sued an everything so I just got some songs and stuff that I need so I am just going to sit tight for a while without Kazaa Lite until this filesharing crap ends

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast