Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Don't Get Over 1000 Files

BANNED
    I don't think anyone useing kazaa lite has been sued.
    I heard that someone got sued when shareing around 500 i guess they are going after whoever they can find with lostsof songs.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Luminaire
    Well a simple solution (if this 1000 risk is true) would be to move files to non-sharred folders while sharring just enough to keep you under that number. That's what I did.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@19 September 2003 - 18:28
    so if someone is uploading from u and his participation says Low (0), that means he isnt sharing at all?
    No, he may well be sharing.

He's on an earlier version or a different client program.
    If it says @Kazaa and PL=0 AND all uploads to it is getting a majority of your upload bandwidth while others are running above 1 KB/sec but less than 5 KB/sec, they're probably a leech.

It is remotely possible that the upload/s is going to someone on Kazaa v2.0.0 or earlier but they'd have to NOT be uploading near their max speed to get more than about 10 KB/sec OR have the upload bandwidth limited so as to not cause them slowdowns.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    are those real names on that list? i dont recognise one and they all seem the sort of crap those name makers make.

maybe its another scare tactic

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Poster
    Are there seriously people with PL's of 0? Surely every leecher in the world has heard of Kazaa Cheater?
    And for some reason my PL=1000 and just wont change like it used to. I know it used to be based on how much you downloaded compared to how much you uploaded, but recently I've been downloading quite a bit and not actually uploading very much... Still sharing loads so I'm wondering if the PL is now set according to how many files you share?

BTW way TheDave, I love your signature, now to find someone who actually will look behind them...

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    internet.news
    hello,

If you are in US, and you was sued: give all your Files you share to a good friend
    you can TRUST and share your thoughts openly with!!! or better: the friend should be in another country with other law, or give small amount of files many friends :)
    to guarantee sharing!

and if you was sued and need soomeone to share your thoughts with in order to not feel so lonely, you can talk to me :)

if you was not sued, only share some hundreds of files and give the other files to friends who has already only few files ...

and if you was already at court: tell them that sharing your thoughts openly is
    important to udnerstand each other better, also offline. That is the idea behind sharing, and that is what I would tell them. And: the MOST IMPORTANT THING AT COURT OR IF YOU WAS SUED: ORGANISE AS MANY MEDIA (TV, INTERNET, RADIO STATION FOR YOUR STORY) AS YOU CAN! IF MORE PEOPLE GOT THE IDEA BEHIND SHARING IT WOULD PROBABLY HAVE INFLUENCE ON YOUR COURT PROCESS!!!! sure...

and if you was sued at court already, riaa would not normally sue same people a second time... so you do not have to worry be sued hundred of times...

thks.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Hi
    I delete Kazaa lite when i heard about the Riaa. Now I want to go back to kazaa lite and start downloading again. Will I be at risk if i started as a new user? Should i use the lates kazaa or could i use any to be least at risk? Is there any thing else I should know about before I start downloading? Btw I live in the US.
    Thanks in Advance

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Poster
    --
    Last edited by Zack; 11-25-2007 at 08:01 PM.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by stupidguy+18 September 2003 - 05:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stupidguy &#064; 18 September 2003 - 05:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gre1@17 September 2003 - 18:18
    I&#39;m on the list.
    really?

[/b][/quote]
    Nope just playing, I don&#39;t think I would have been that calm.

are those real names on that list? i dont recognise one and they all seem the sort of crap those name makers make.

maybe its another scare tactic
    Do u know how many users are on kazaa-lite I doubt u would recognize one.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Poster
    I think I&#39;ll change my name to one on the list... It&#39;ll confuse people... B)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast