Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Don't Get Over 1000 Files

Poster
    Originally posted by kdm172@22 September 2003 - 14:24
    My dad made me unistall kazaa lite because he heard about people getting sued an everything so I just got some songs and stuff that I need so I am just going to sit tight for a while without Kazaa Lite until this filesharing crap ends
    Unfortunately, this 'filesharing crap' won't really end until Kazaa and Kazaa Lite are made completely illegal or US+international laws are completely revamped.

It could go EITHER way, or something in the middle.
    It's too early to tell.

2. File Sharing   -   #52
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by Switeck+23 September 2003 - 00:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Switeck @ 23 September 2003 - 00:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kdm172@22 September 2003 - 14:24
    My dad made me unistall kazaa lite because he heard about people getting sued an everything so I just got&nbsp; some songs and stuff that I need so I am just going to sit tight for a while without Kazaa Lite until this filesharing crap ends
    Unfortunately, this &#39;filesharing crap&#39; won&#39;t really end until Kazaa and Kazaa Lite are made completely illegal or US+international laws are completely revamped.

It could go EITHER way, or something in the middle.
    It&#39;s too early to tell. [/b][/quote]
    Ok, That&#39;s Kazaa what if someone wants to start a Kaazaa or a Kzaa they would be still legal. Basically what I mean u can just start all over with something new.

3. File Sharing   -   #53
    Poster
    Originally posted by Gre1+23 September 2003 - 00:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gre1 @ 23 September 2003 - 00:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Switeck@23 September 2003 - 00:43

Unfortunately, this &#39;filesharing crap&#39; won&#39;t really end until Kazaa and Kazaa Lite are made completely illegal or US+international laws are completely revamped.
    Ok, That&#39;s Kazaa what if someone wants to start a Kaazaa or a Kzaa they would be still legal. Basically what I mean u can just start all over with something new. [/b][/quote]
    If even basic file-sharing over the internet becomes illegal, it won&#39;t matter what the name of the program is. If it&#39;s being sold/made/posted on websites in the USA, it won&#39;t be there for long and will soon require word-of-mouth for users to get it.

ISPs can monitor internet traffic for p2p activity and quickly order you to quit or threaten you with line disconnection.

The FBI/CIA/local law enforcement could be informed of your illegal activity, as it&#39;s potentially a means of furthering terrorist activity (so THEY say...) and you either get your file info quickly double-checked, an unexpected visist, or automatic fines.

Remember DAT (Digital Audio Tape)?
    Know why DVDs have so many formats?

It&#39;s because THEY have enough power to not only change laws but to force everyone who uses newer technology to comply.

4. File Sharing   -   #54
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by Switeck+23 September 2003 - 02:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Switeck @ 23 September 2003 - 02:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Gre1@23 September 2003 - 00:46
    <!--QuoteBegin-Switeck
    @23 September 2003 - 00:43

Ok, That&#39;s Kazaa what if someone wants to start a Kaazaa or a Kzaa they would be still legal. Basically what I mean u can just start all over with something new.
    If even basic file-sharing over the internet becomes illegal, it won&#39;t matter what the name of the program is. If it&#39;s being sold/made/posted on websites in the USA, it won&#39;t be there for long and will soon require word-of-mouth for users to get it.

ISPs can monitor internet traffic for p2p activity and quickly order you to quit or threaten you with line disconnection.

The FBI/CIA/local law enforcement could be informed of your illegal activity, as it&#39;s potentially a means of furthering terrorist activity (so THEY say...) and you either get your file info quickly double-checked, an unexpected visist, or automatic fines.

Remember DAT (Digital Audio Tape)?
    Know why DVDs have so many formats?

It&#39;s because THEY have enough power to not only change laws but to force everyone who uses newer technology to comply. [/b][/quote]
    But filesharing will never become illegal that&#39;s why I said that.

5. File Sharing   -   #55
    Poster
    Get real&#33; Fileshairing is technically illegal now unless you MADE the file and it&#39;s contents or the stuff isnt copyrighted. The thing is it&#39;s turned into a bigger problem for the record industry than anything else ever. They were slightly pissed when people used to record CD&#39;s onto Tapes for thier mates, they&#39;re even more pissed now because there are millions more people handing round something that was up until then 99% profit...

6. File Sharing   -   #56
    Originally posted by benn19uk@23 September 2003 - 14:46
    Get real&#33; Fileshairing is technically illegal now unless you MADE the file and it&#39;s contents or the stuff isnt copyrighted. The thing is it&#39;s turned into a bigger problem for the record industry than anything else ever. They were slightly pissed when people used to record CD&#39;s onto Tapes for thier mates, they&#39;re even more pissed now because there are millions more people handing round something that was up until then 99% profit...
    Thats right you could always tell that this was going to come sooner or later. But somone said something about sony making a filesharing program and the RIAA can&#39;t really do anything about them because they&#39;re a multi billionare company.

7. File Sharing   -   #57
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by benn19uk@23 September 2003 - 09:46
    Well how will people in coporations and other shit like that send files to each other that they need. Now, if u say the sharing of copyrighted files is illegal (and it is) they can pass a law about that. That&#39;s how it works it has to be specific. That&#39;s the way the law works.

8. File Sharing   -   #58
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    thats true
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

9. File Sharing   -   #59
    Poster
    Sony&#39;s filesharing program either
    a ) doesnt (and never will) exist
    b ) will ask for a subscription fee to download files
    c ) will be heavily policed by Sony/RIAA checking everyone has the CD of whatever they download
    d ) will only allow the user to download NON-copyrighted files...

OR (and this is the most unlikely option...

e ) will be the best thing to happen to filesharing ever...

I&#39;m currently going with a), but if someone can offer proof it will be made then I&#39;ll switch to b )...

10. File Sharing   -   #60
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    A. False. it will exist they are working on it now
    B. False. it will be free u can only download what they release from the music company&#39;s that back them.
    C. True. They will have someone looking over the site.
    D. False. Every file (movie,music etc) is copyrighted.
    E. False. Napster was the best thing that every happened to filesharing. Now it&#39;s son will take over (Kazaa-lite)

EDIT: G.P.A=0.8 U FAIL

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast