Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help plz with FTP files not deleting anymore

Poster BT Rep: +1
    The files I download won't delete off of my FTP. I'm running out of space on my seedbox and when I delete a file I get permission denied. Some files I downloaded delete but the majority of them won't and I just get that error. Can I get some help plz?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Are you renting the seedbox from someone?
    They may need to change your setting on the ftp on the server.

Try and remove them from utorrent I find is the best way for me.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.Dman View Post
    Are you renting the seedbox from someone?
    They may need to change your setting on the ftp on the server.

Try and remove them from utorrent I find is the best way for me.
    Yes i'm renting a seedbox and it doesn't use utorrent. Damn support team is taking forever to help me. I think it's only one guy cuz I had all kinds of problems yesterday and he was the only person helping me.
    Last edited by apollooff320; 02-20-2009 at 08:17 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Using Flux?

Usually you can delete files from the built-in file-manager but without sufficient info it's anybody's guess what you're doing/using...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by FransTormer View Post
    Using Flux?

Usually you can delete files from the built-in file-manager but without sufficient info it's anybody's guess what you're doing/using...
    yes I'm using flux. A lot of the .torrents were deleted since I didn't need to seed them anymore though.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by apollooff320 View Post
    Using Flux?

yes I'm using flux. A lot of the .torrents were deleted since I didn't need to seed them anymore though.
    Sorry, either you pissed off because the box ain't doing what you want but deleting a torrent (from the main interface) doesn't automatically delete the files (or I am reading incorrectly).

From the main page (where you torrents are downloading), you should see either "My downloads" or "Drive Space" mentioned somewhere. Clikcing that should take you to a rudimentary file-manager where you as supposed (!!) to delete/rename files for your account.

If you can't get there or you can't delete, the most logical option is to contact the host and have your FTP-rights changed, like Dman said.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7

Sorry, either you pissed off because the box ain't doing what you want but deleting a torrent (from the main interface) doesn't automatically delete the files (or I am reading incorrectly).

From the main page (where you torrents are downloading), you should see either "My downloads" or "Drive Space" mentioned somewhere. Clikcing that should take you to a rudimentary file-manager where you as supposed (!!) to delete/rename files for your account.

If you can't get there or you can't delete, the most logical option is to contact the host and have your FTP-rights changed, like Dman said.
    yes you are reading incorrectly. I mentioned .torrent files being deleted just incase I needed them to help delete my files. Anyways found the file management option under directory list. Thx for all the help everyone.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    yes you are reading incorrectly. I mentioned .torrent files being deleted just incase I needed them to help delete my files. Anyways found the file management option under directory list. Thx for all the help everyone.
    Glad it's sorted... Next time, read the manual??

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    oh forgot to mention how do I delete the .torrent files that are sitting in flux on the download screen. I have 2 of them that won't delete even when I use the delete option. No manual.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    That still seems buggy. Althougt my last rig with flux was over a year ago, they tend to have to be released either by logging out (red x top right) or by the admin. Still, if they are stopped and you can delete the files from file-manager, they only take up a few KB for the time being.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast