Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 2003 Datacenter Edition

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Sparsely+17 September 2003 - 20:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparsely @ 17 September 2003 - 20:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I&#39;ll PM you with a serial from the .nfo file of the ShareReactor Release (which is probably where yours
    came from originally).

Alienware makes some nice looking, high-end machines. I&#39;ve never used one myself, but what I&#39;ve read
    of them and seen they sound powerful enough...

BTW: The .nfo file also said
    <!--QuoteBegin-HFiSO

This bitch cost &#036;29500
    [/b][/quote]
    Indeed that probably was the price. I went to microsofts site and they listed all the prices for their server o.s. except datacenter. As a matter of fact, microsoft actually prefers that you get it from a certified OEM manufacturer, they basically want you to get it with the datacenter already installed on a server you buy from an OEM manufacturer that way there is a less chance of incompatibilities with the drivers etc. And they can still milk you on the liscensing.

I guess its one of those: "If you have to ask how much it cost then you cant afford it type deals................lol"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Double Agent
    holy shit man 6 grands?

man you sure make some huge investments on computers.

i&#39;ve probably spend 6-7 grand on all of my computers, 5 computers actually, including this one i am using (amd athlon xp 2200+). and 3 of them are getting outdated and I am NOT using my first computer at all (a 486 computer).

I have no idea you have to spend so much on a high end computer. my budget is about 1 grand, 1.5 tops on a server I am looking for right now. I&#39;ve looked on ebay but there isn&#39;t much you can do with that kind of budget anyways.

man you sure had a lot of doug as a student, I am working part time plus the money I make on the web are just about enough to cover my tuition and books and whatnot. little left for computers...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Double Agent
    I just did an inventory of all my equipments and the total came down to about 5 grands (based on the last 3 computers I bought)

and this included everything, including monitors, network shit and upgrades...

anyways...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Double Agent
    I just had to say that I feel sorry for the software company.

All my money I spent I spent on hardware, well except the windows 2000 pro my dad forced me to buy, said it&#39;s safer to do online banking if you used a legit os (but I thought he had too much to spend, actually)

if you think about it, all the hardware you buy is actually free if you download all the software you get on the internet.

but then again the computer economy doesn&#39;t work that way...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Double Agent
    so that&#39;s my two cents anyways

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    ^ post whore

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Double Agent
    ;D

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7