Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bittorrent + Alcohol = Disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman1208 View Post
    But look at the scope of the damage. Yes, I was a jackass to one member on one tracker. But to be globally banned from bittorrent because of it?

I messed up, but I think this moderation is a little over-the-top.

If you were simply a jackass Cheeseman, it would be different. The fact that you were a jackass who scared the shit out of someone legally, thats a totally different story.

While I agree your side of the story should be heard, I can't say its over reacting. If you were, infact, an agent; I sure wouldn't want you on any trackers I'm on. So I think what what did was good in a sense, but its shitty luck that it was a joke.

All-in-All, had it not been a legal threat and just you being a 'jackass', then yes; you should have gotten in some trouble at what and then that be the end of it, but once you bring in a legal scare... thats the issue at hand.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Cheeseman1208's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    why the fuck should i care what you think.

honest you fucked up you got banned rom 3 sites that i know of, more may follow, not my problem, sorry.

btw why dont you quote the PM in its entirety on here, so people can see why you got banned, i have seen it, but its not for me to show.
    I would if I could. I'm banned, and cannot see exactly what I PMed him with.

Whoa, I did not mean to piss you off. I'm merely trying to discuss this issue, nothing more. Will I miss the sites I was banned from? Yes. But this issue did not concern you stoi, it did not concern you at all. Yet you acted on it. Why?

@Jay
    Yes, it was wrong to bring legal matters into that message. But as I said before, this is between me, the person I abused, and the What.cd staff. Nobody else should be involved.
    Last edited by Cheeseman1208; 02-23-2009 at 02:20 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Did you not see the thread i done in our global announcements forum.

What you do on BCG effects your account on other sites

What you do on other sites, effects your account on BCG.

I have banned people for a lot less than you did, i am sick of shitty members plaguing the bittorrent scene, sooner we all get rid of them the better the place will be. (and i mean collectively over all sites, not just 1 or 2)

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Ouch.

I'm sorry to say, stoi, but I think I was a pretty good member. I had constructive posts, close to a TB uploaded, great ratio, etc. I messed up once, and I admit to it. At least I am a man enough to say that I fucked up big time. Admitting to a mistake is often the hardest part.

EDIT: This applies to all of the sites I am on, not just BCG.

EDIT2: I tried to keep this post relatively high-minded. I don't want it to devolve into a mud slinging contest.
    Last edited by Cheeseman1208; 02-23-2009 at 02:29 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    you dont have to admit to it, i know you did it.

yes you were a good member, but then i have also heard you ran armtheresistence or whatever it was called as well.

Honestly the sooner all the traders, sellers, cheaters, scumbags, idiots are out of the bittorrent scene the better it will be for everyone concerned.

yes you fucked up, deal with it, i will say this though, i will sleep on it, but dont hold your breath, only a 5% chance of you getting back in, and that is being optimistic.
    Last edited by stoi; 02-23-2009 at 02:30 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Count your losses man... you have learned a lesson and thus I hope you will improve.

There are other sites besides the two you mentioned. If you can prove yourself on other sites, then you don't need to worry.

Personally, when I am drunk I just get mad at stupid people and stupid things and rant on forums or IRC. Pretty harmless. I sure as hell don't go off playing on the fears of trackers and its users. That's just dumb and not funny.

Perhaps you should stick to Pirate Bay, I hear they're not worried about governments and their agents creating user accounts.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    you dont have to admit to it, i know you did it.

yes you were a good member, but then i have also heard you ran armtheresistence or whatever it was called as well.

Honestly the sooner all the traders, sellers, cheaters, scumbags, idiots are out of the bittorrent scene the better it will be for everyone concerned.

yes you fucked up, deal with it, i will say this though, i will sleep on it, but dont hold your breath, only a 5% chance of you getting back in, and that is being optimistic.
    Armtheresistance is a separate issue. It has been dead for 6 months, at least, and was a failed site at that. There was a lot of information going around that it was a invite trading ring, but that is a fabrication. AtR was a forum, nothing more, where 200 odd people met to shoot the breeze about bittorrent related issues. It was really uninteresting, but somehow it was portrayed as something completely different.

Thanks stoi. I am glad we were able to talk openly about this, and that both sides of the argument were shown.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +2

honest you fucked up you got banned rom 3 sites that i know of, more may follow, not my problem, sorry.

btw why dont you quote the PM in its entirety on here, so people can see why you got banned, i have seen it, but its not for me to show.
    may be that would be appropriate...if u can copy paste ur pm to that new member, that way all of us can know how funny you pm was to that new member and how drunk drunk u were exactly to type all the things u typed....
    i usually never post on thread like this but seriously stoi is the most generous and nicest staff in this forum....if u have done soemthing to piss him offf it must be really bad....the least u can do is, be a man and accept the consequenses. bullying someone is not right no matter what state of mind u were in...its like racism.

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Weather or not anyone thinks it's a ban worthy offense(I personally think its a decent reason) To joke about ANY legal issue doing what we do is not cool. Also if anyone has the actual screen or text from the PM I'd be interested to see it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post

may be that would be appropriate...if u can copy paste ur pm to that new member, that way all of us can know how funny you pm was to that new member and how drunk drunk u were exactly to type all the things u typed....
    i usually never post on thread like this but seriously stoi is the most generous and nicest staff in this forum....if u have done soemthing to piss him offf it must be really bad....the least u can do is, be a man and accept the consequenses. bullying someone is not right no matter what state of mind u were in...its like racism.
    I'll try to get that PM for you. It is appropriate if it was posted here, since I'm trying to be as open as possible.

Oh, I like your sig, btw. That's one of my favorite quotations.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast