3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by horiZen View Post
    definition of "idiot" = "cheeseman"
    man dont bash him im sure U dont even now wat is going on
    this guy maybe good but others think he did bad thing

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    What a loony thing to do.

So, you were sober enough to browse a site without your eyes going blurry, carefully select a new user who'd upped a pre-release torrent, and write an obviously semi-coherent and structured message good enough to deceive someone, or even try to? Man, that's nowhere near pissed enough for alcohol to act as any form of justification, and nowhere near as pissed as you describe. Sorry, but in my experience of drunk people and their posting shennanigans on the internet, which is actually quite substantial (from running non-BT related sites), I simply don't believe it.

Oh, and it never is any form of justification anyway, the attitude that you are not as responsible for what you do when drunk, or not responsible at all, is frankly bullshit; whether you drive a car, hurt someone, damage something etc, or write a malicious pm on a website you are fully accountable for that, and have to know that 99% of people would not have done the same, because even under the influence, they still can tell the difference between right and wrong.

In any case, What? were entirely right to ban you, and although "innocents" on your invite tree may have been caught in the crossfire, that is also your responsibility for what you did to cause it, not What?'s. I'm sure they'd be reasonable on irc or whatever with some of those on a situational basis though. As for the other sites, well, I applaud the stance Stoi is taking with regard to responsible sites acting together in dealing with the bad-eggs (and what you did qualifies you as one most certainly), that sort of co-operation can only encourage more responsibility amongst the users of all sites, if they value their membership of any that is.

Once again, neither Stoi, nor anyone else, is responsible for these bans, you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Jaycryst you need to seriously look at Cheeseman's whole past. Now I have given him a pass and not commented for a long time yet he is still managing to crash through the bit torrent community ramming his views down everyones necks and having 'disagreements' repetitively with staff on bt trackers, lest we forget your little stoush with squizzle there cheeseman.
    You (Cheeseman 1208) are a former trader, and heavily involved with zaa730 an invite seller. You created Arm The Resistance to find a 'communistic' way of sharing out invites to bit torrent users based on Karl Marx' theories. I challenged you about this at the time, but you seem to think that everyone has the right to have memberships in private communities no matter what.
    Now we have this latest incident, where something you thought was funny as shit actually scared another member. Simply put you are a threat to the bit torrent community, your actions have always been arrogant and ill advised, you don't listen to what others tell you and just charge around like a bull in a china shop. You may not be a 'legal' threat, but your whole history is one of selfish self interest.
    Holy crap, was that him? Haha, right, now things start to become a bit clearer..... in a total mentalist sort of way, I think I remember de-lurking in that thread too actually. Well, if I'd had any sympathy before then I'd have lost it now. But I didn't, so that's ok, I'll just lol instead

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by droste View Post
    is arm the resistance bad place nao? i had acc there
    by the time i was invited there by a tracker sysop, no trading or invite givings took place what so ever. it was solely a bt discussion forum. i never got involved though cause it wasn't very active, and i was only a member during the last couple of weeks or so before it closed. so i can't say anything about what the purpose of the site was when it first opened and what was going on at that time.

EDIT: Of course i don't know what took place in pm's, or if any secret section existed. i can only talk about what was visible on the board for me.
    Last edited by danio; 02-23-2009 at 11:44 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I wouldn't mind reading this pm, to see how thought out it was. Because as MAdIrish pointed out, you could have not been that drunk if you could type up even a half way convincing letter.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456