Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bittorrent vs. fxp scene

RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    fxp = cost afaik and as you said before i wont pay for pirating lol

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Internet access costs money
    If you have slow internet, you might consider a seedbox, that costs money too
    And if you can accept that, why not accept paying for newsgroups, which would allow you to download full speed (that you pay for) all the time

Everyone pays to some degree for filesharing, through service contracts, donations, access, or programs.

Hell, even before the internet, trading discs costed for the media.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    D1zkK1ll's Avatar Poster
    Polebear, I think your place is BT.
    well, you tried to compare a scene tracker (Scenetorrents,Sceneacces...) with a FXP Board. The "pre times" a mostly the same... because FXP (really good ones where you can only join with a skill!!! no selling accounts!!!) has members with a AT and the scene trackers have a upload script.. and similar the same source.
    the only thing is that private fxp boards are more secure. ;=}

well, try it out and feel the speed of ftp sources but please never never support pay to leech!!
    Last edited by D1zkK1ll; 02-25-2009 at 07:14 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    no_bother's Avatar Village Troll BT Rep: +4
    I have alot of free time, probably too much for an engineering student. I could do witha new hobby..... Id probably gor for a FXP board if I knew how.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    wow...these kind of threads make me feel like a noob at filesharing...my piracy knowledge still hovers around bittorrent though...BT FTW!
    Spoiler: Show

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    CaliPirate's Avatar Member
    What are some of the good scene trackers out there?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    0.0 BT Rep: +1
    I havent been on a FXP board for a long time but i remember they were time expensive, i spended more time checking the scanstros than downloading shit. Instead of that with torrents you just have to check your favorite tracker and get what you want. Also, torrents give you a lot of options to choose, you can be a leech or good user, you can get involve on the communite or not, and you can be a forum whore, an irc whore or both , torrents let you be yourself. In therms of pre speeds they are almost the same, maybe a few seconds waisted making the torrents but the principle is the same: top site ---> fxp board race server ---> board; top site ---> bittorrent fxp server ---> tracker. What have changed is that bit torrent has climbed the chain almost to the top, before it was top site ---> fxp board, pub, irc or kazaa ---> torrent server ---> torrent tracker. Also Bit torrent has advantages on the download speeds. When you are downloading from an ftp server you better have good rooting, from a torrent there are so many seeds that speed will be always maxed out (on good trackers)

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    ban's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    0day trackers are more than enough for me
    Last edited by ban; 02-26-2009 at 11:40 AM.
    http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/usersig/sigpic209538_1.gif

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by D1zkK1ll View Post
    Polebear, I think your place is BT.
    well, you tried to compare a scene tracker (Scenetorrents,Sceneacces...) with a FXP Board. The "pre times" a mostly the same... because FXP (really good ones where you can only join with a skill!!! no selling accounts!!!) has members with a AT and the scene trackers have a upload script.. and similar the same source.
    the only thing is that private fxp boards are more secure. ;=}

well, try it out and feel the speed of ftp sources but please never never support pay to leech!!
    right.

@Polebear

I have both and better sources.
    without a good skill you can't join this fxp boards..
    I'm member of a fxp board which has only 50 members and we have all releases after some seconds. Sure ScT or an other scene tracker have very fast a release but they have more members and everyone knows ScT -> more insecure

well, real ftp sites are the best. it's an other league.

just stay put
    Last edited by TAT; 02-26-2009 at 01:02 PM.
    you didn't want to look like someone collecting them all ?
    Another pokemon lover.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRansom View Post
    fxp = cost afaik and as you said before i wont pay for pirating lol
    why would fxp:ing cost?
    Sure you can pay for it, but there are also servers where you can do this kind of business for free.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast