Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Uh-oh...

惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot View Post

Obama: "I’ve been fighting alongside Acorn on issues you care about my entire career…" (Steven Malanga, "Organizer In Chief," [New York] City Journal, Summer 2008)

"In 1992, Acorn Hired Mr. Obama To Run A Voter Registration Effort. He Later Became A Trainer For The Group, As Well As Its Lawyer In Election Law Cases." (John Fund, Op-Ed, "Obama's Liberal Shock Troops," The Wall Street Journal, 7/12/08)

I guess their little voter fraud issues were no connection also.
    http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...cusations.html
    Obama: Burying ACORNs
    The ad says that "Obama's ties to ACORN run long and deep" – that he "taught classes" for the group, paid a "front" $800,000 for get-out-the-vote efforts, and was endorsed by ACORN for president. That last one's true – ACORN's political action committee did offer an Obama endorsement. It's also true that Obama has worked with the group in the past. In 1995, Obama helped represent ACORN in a successful lawsuit to require the state of Illinois to offer "motor voter" registration at DMV offices. Obama has said that this is his only association with ACORN, but that's not the case – he has had other, though less direct, interactions with the organization.
    When Obama was on the board of directors of the Woods Fund, the foundation gave grants of $75,000 in 2001 and $70,000 in 2002 to ACORN's Chicago office. The McCain campaign and the Republican National Committee cite an additional grant of $45,000 in 2000. The Woods Fund has not responded to our calls about their 2000 grants.

The Obama campaign also paid Citizens Services Inc., a group affiliated with ACORN, more than $800,000 for get-out-the-vote (not voter registration) efforts during the primary election. The nature of CSI's services was initially misrepresented on the Obama campaign's disclosures to the Federal Election Commission, which the campaign describes as an oversight. The Obama campaign says it has not been involved with ACORN during the general election.
    In addition, after law school, Obama may have had contact with ACORN when he directed a Chicago registration drive for Project Vote in 1992. According to Sanford Newman, who was the program’s national director at the time, ACORN may have been one of dozens of organizations that participated in registration drives that year with Project Vote personnel like Obama. But Project Vote didn’t begin contracting exclusively with ACORN until after Obama worked for the group in 1992. “Working for Project Vote at the time was by no means working for ACORN," Newman told us. ACORN had no influence on Project Vote policy and no representation on its board.
    As for "teaching classes" for the group, the McCain campaign cites a March 2008 Newsday article, which says that ACORN organizer Madeleine Talbot "initially considered Obama a competitor" when both were working to get asbestos insulation removed from a Chicago housing project, but that "she became so impressed with his work that she invited him to help train her staff." Newsday does not say whether Obama accepted the invitation. An article by Chicago alderman Toni Foulkes says that "we [ACORN] have invited Obama to our leadership training sessions to run the session on power every year" between 1992 and 2004, when the article was written. The Obama campaign says that Obama participated in two, one-hour trainings in a volunteer capacity. Foulkes could not be reached for comment.

Neither ACORN's Chicago office nor CSI has been accused of voter registration irregularities.
    by Jess Henig, with Ronald Lampard

Update, Oct. 21: We originally said that Project Vote works closely with ACORN, implying that Obama would have had contact with the group when he directed a voter registration drive for Project Vote in 1992. We have since learned that Project Vote and ACORN may or may not have worked together in Chicago that year. The group didn’t contract with ACORN exclusively back then. We have corrected the story to reflect this.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced View Post
    The Banks have to build up their balance books, so aren't lending.. which is their fault for stupid loans in the first place.. Obama wasn't in the picture when this happened.
    Actually, obongo can take some blame on this. He in his "counseling" position with Acorn "guided" them into forcing banks to give loans to people who had no rights to these loans under the Community Reinvestment Act. People who had no qualifications, no source of income other than welfare or whatnot had to be given loans in order to get more "diversity" into homeownership.

Then when these public leeches default, Acorn swoops in to be the hero by breaking into these houses and letting the defaulters squat in order to "guide" these people in how to commit "civil obedience".
    Wow you haven't a clue besides whatever shit you're shoveled by the one side you only care to listen to.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    You really are delusional.
    Obama's connection to ACORN consisted of representing them in a legal matter 12 years ago.
    If you have proof of deeper more sinister ties, bring 'em on.
    Obama: "I’ve been fighting alongside Acorn on issues you care about my entire career…" (Steven Malanga, "Organizer In Chief," [New York] City Journal, Summer 2008)

"In 1992, Acorn Hired Mr. Obama To Run A Voter Registration Effort. He Later Became A Trainer For The Group, As Well As Its Lawyer In Election Law Cases." (John Fund, Op-Ed, "Obama's Liberal Shock Troops," The Wall Street Journal, 7/12/08)

I guess their little voter fraud issues were no connection also.
    What happened to the housing shit you were just shoveling?

Are you rebooting now?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    You really are delusional.
    Obama's connection to ACORN consisted of representing them in a legal matter 12 years ago.
    If you have proof of deeper more sinister ties, bring 'em on.

Furthermore, if every single one of the poor people you refer to (who, by the way, actually have a better repayment history than the mortgage industry average) DID default on their loans, it would have barely made a blip in our economy.

It was the financial industry's repackaging of mortgages/loans into ever more exotic instruments- all predicated on faulty data and projections- that lead to this mess.

I can see your point though...much easier to blame some poor folks- who are after all, known to be lazy and shiftless- than the financial fatcats who were happy to make the initial offers and rake in windfall profits.
    Boy, they sure got blindsided, didn't they?
    No way to see this coming when you have access to all the data, make the rules and manage the playing field.

Poor guys.
    What's funny is that it's not just the poor that these financial fatcats were shoveling this shit to.

When I was trying to refinance, I did have the sense to know that I didn't want an interest only-loan although initially, it looked great. However, it didn't stop me from getting a constant barrage of phone calls to refi and in two cases, even after telling them they could come to the house to discuss a refi (as long as there was no interest -only talk), after getting in they always moved toward their interest-only packages where, in both cases, I caught the reps in lies.

I do understand how people were duped because they were lied to. Nowadays you need a damned lawyer to close on a house and loan.

However, I also know folks, mostly middle-class like myself, that bought homes running $600,000 to $800,000 they didn't belong in.

One fella depended on overtime to make mortgage payments trying to have his showcase home. Overtime dries up, you dry up.

These are the people that make me sick and I think they knew what they were doing trying to be all uppity.

It ain't all black and white like HeavyracistALot makes it seem.

Hell I'm trying "move up" in a bigger and better house now because I can get an acre for dirt cheap. However, the sticker is that I'd most likely have to sell my current home and even though I didn't overpay (much) for it like most people....I doubt I'd get what I paid for it.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Wow, he really is the Antichrist after all.
    So you're not on the the Hilter side of the fight then?

I was worried that the Obama dullness would ruin the comedy industry, fortunately he has introduced us to a whole new batch of cuckoos being driven over the edge.
    He does nothing for the comedy industry. The only decent imitation was done by Jamie Fox but other than that, he has no particular funny way of speaking or quirky mannerisms.

The Daily Show could just die.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-01-2009 at 11:58 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    [QUOTE=Busyman;3148975]
    What happened to the housing shit you were just shoveling
    Do you know how to google? Do you know what the Community Reinvestment Act is?

Don't worry about it, you will just do what your people are good at and say facts are racist.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot; 02-28-2009 at 01:59 PM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    He does nothing for the comedy industry.
    Of course he doesn't. Nonblack comedians with be labeled racist if they made fun of you all's holy one.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    [QUOTE=HeavyMetalParkingLot;3149406]

Do you know how to google? Do you know what the Community Reinvestment Act is?
    I know how to google and am somewhat familiar with the CRA...so, what's your point?
    Still insisting that it is the prime reason for the economic meltdown?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    [QUOTE=clocker;3149436]
    I know how to google and am somewhat familiar with the CRA...so, what's your point?
    Still insisting that it is the prime reason for the economic meltdown?
    No, not saying it is. But it plays a big role. If the banks didn't have to make all these loans to uncreditworthy people they could have put this money to better use. If you had the option of loaning your money to someone who has shown through past performance that they take care of their debts or someone for the sake of "diversity" who would you choose?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    惡魔的提倡者

He does nothing for the comedy industry. The only decent imitation was done by Jamie Fox but other than that, he has know particular funny way of speaking or quirky mannerisms.

The Daily Show could just die.
    . . .
    [youtube]g4C1D_AVHTI[/youtube]

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast