Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help aol blocking torrents speed

hi aol is blocking my torrent speed i have vuse with transport enycypion on but it still going slow is there any way past it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    i dont think this is aol fault? open ports N stuff

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I had the same problem wit AOL capping my speeds. I was meant to be on an unlimited service but then they brought in a fair usage policy which would see my speeds drop from 250kbps down to 40kbps during peak hours.
    When i called AOL to find why my speeds where so slow they were telling me it was my problem and i need to check for spyware etc, so i gave up in the end and went with a better ISP and my my speed has been fine ever since

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Throttles are really irritating and I'd suggest you to just get another ISP since you're living in N. America which has a wide array of choices.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestoned View Post
    Throttles are really irritating and I'd suggest you to just get another ISP since you're living in N. America which has a wide array of choices.
    no i live in uk it only started on thursday i tried everything i cant seem get fast speed it is pain i start a download it start at like 690kB/s for 5 minites then drop to 25kB/s

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Oops, ever had thoughts about changing to Virgin then?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    have a look at this site http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php.
    It helped me when deciding on a new ISP

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    aol can't have a problem

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Aol always throttlespeeds totally so u cant do shit shit, if i was id switch isp asap. Id suggest going on o2 brodband if u r in the uk, which is basically be broadband which dont cap or throttle u at all, im pretty sure virgin throttle speeds but i cant be 100% sure on that. And do be hoenst u can have no complaints if they do.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    i know how you feel m8 i live in the uk and AOL are throttling the shit out of me as i type.

get a seedbox
    Last edited by 105802; 02-23-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast