Thread: Upload/download Speed

Poster
    im currently using a cable modem and my ISP is Adelphia. i was told that my upload is very slow becuase i wanted to host a server in counter-strike, but it was lagging so much. how can i increase my upload speed so that i can run a server without lagging.

this is from pcpitstop.com

2016 Kb/s-download
    128 kb/s- upload

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by volskid2002@17 September 2003 - 21:58
    im currently using a cable modem and my ISP is Adelphia. i was told that my upload is very slow becuase i wanted to host a server in counter-strike, but it was lagging so much. how can i increase my upload speed so that i can run a server without lagging.

this is from pcpitstop.com

2016 Kb/s-download
    128 kb/s- upload
    Your only as good as your computer, and your only running a 1Ghz processor and 384 SD Ram.

And yes, im aware that this is fine for a server, but it MIGHT be the weak point causing the lag.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    if i was to upgrade my ram to 512 would it prove to be a real good increase or would i barely notice it

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    well.. if u want really good speed.. u should go with a server.. u can rent em for lan partys and stuff. Or u can rent a Dedicated server.. quite pricey
    Really pricey to buy one yourself.

might be best to contact your isp and ask about Upload speed upgrades.. most got em.

Sometimes they can give u faster Upload than download for about the same price. (for people who wanna host and share files alot)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    PAiNKiLLER
    Your speed is too much ...

Image Resized

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i think a processor upgrade wouldn't hurt, if you wanna use this system, since the processor has to be capable of handling the load of the requests. more ram wouldn't hurt either. your mobo should support today's fast processors though.