Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why are trades allowed here?

Shalafi's Avatar The Trader BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by juscallmesez View Post
    reading through am kind of inclined to think that people who traded when they were n00bs then stopped aren't really to blame..here you have two active sections the giveaway and the trading section..on one you see bombs getting dropped regularly and on the other not so often,the competition and the slamming of people's request on the giveaway section not withstanding,these people wind up seeing their only chances of getting into these 'elite' sites(thanks to the wtaw sticky ) better lie in trading and so they fall prey...but then on the other side of the argument these people had 30 days of which they were not allowed to talk but rather listen..had they taken their time to read through the two forums,am sure the 'please,i didnt know i was a noob' story lines wont really be there...that aside what happened to collective responsibility?its kinda interesting seeing admins taking sides on this..if i were a trader i would even be scared of trading lol...at least get rid of the wtaw thread if the trade section seems too difficult to do away with at least for the sake of n00bs..
    +1.000.000
    Last edited by Shalafi; 02-25-2009 at 10:21 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Oh but it is serious business, and complete with hilarious fights about the various levels being fought by 'factions' of traders. The WTAW thread is a bibleand is quoted in its entirity on many other forums that trade invites and/or accounts. Within days of the TTC 'review' and its unveiling as a topsite many foreign language forums were abuzz with info about it. This one thread does affect so many peoples opinions, just look at the discussions on trade section whenever a n00b trader gets it wrong and all the others descend on him saying you'll never get this tracker for that one its level is too low. It is the WTAW thread which started the thinking in levels, it is influential in the thinking of so many and being off-hand about it's affect on the community in no way alters that effect.
    It absolutely is the WTAW thread which drives this nutty little stockmarket that is the trade section and you are deluding yourself if you think otherwise.
    hey WTAW thread is a bible for traders as much as it is for anti-traders.....if u ask me anti-traders consider it more of a bible... have u see the amount of giveaways/trades made for lower levels and no one really bothers....as soon as some one starts making a higher level giveaway/trade every one of those anti-traders are involved in the thread saying how bad it is to trade something of a higer level...

do u really think its fair for some one to ask for NO PROOF if its a GOEM,DEMONOID,IPTORRENT giveaway
    and u need all the proof in the world and u need to know that person better he should make all the very usefull ,no-so-funny spam if its a HIGER LEVEL giveaway
    .....i would love to see it the other way round...then i would belive that oh yeah WTAW thread doesnt really mean anything for anti-traders......
    if not anything atleast traders are consistent in what they do unlike anti-traders...
    traders trade level 1- level 10
    anti traders worry only about
    Level 3 •••••••••
    The sites from this level and up are harder to get into.
    onwards......

if some one wants proof u can look up for it in the trade/giveaway section

..how very convinient of these anti-traders to blame all these short comings on traders ...so that they can potray themselves as the saviour of this bit torrent wordl......its very easy to point out others mistake rather then trying to make yourself a better person....

thats just the way i see it... l might be wrong

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    hey WTAW thread is a bible for traders as much as it is for
    do u really think its fair for some one to ask for NO PROOF if its a GOEM,DEMONOID,IPTORRENT giveaway
    and u need all the proof in the world and u need to know that person better he should make all the very usefull ,no-so-funny spam if its a HIGER LEVEL giveaway

I've often wondered about that myself ,how a seemly otherwise reasonable person can suddenly toss out all their stated beliefs about security just because a tracker doesn't meet their definition of l33tness.

I guess they can argue that no one would cheat to get a low level tracker but that's simply not the case .
    The only time that I was ever cheated was when I gave away a Demonoid code and their administration emailed me telling me that the individual that I had invited had a dupe account.

And Shalafi there is a difference between having an opinion and acting on it.
    If you can find someone who trades who feels that I haven't treated them fairly(besides yourself obviously) ask them to post here, I would very much like to see it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    hey WTAW thread is a bible for traders as much as it is for anti-traders.....if u ask me anti-traders consider it more of a bible... have u see the amount of giveaways/trades made for lower levels and no one really bothers....as soon as some one starts making a higher level giveaway/trade every one of those anti-traders are involved in the thread saying how bad it is to trade something of a higer level...

.....i would love to see it the other way round...then i would belive that oh yeah WTAW thread doesnt really mean anything for anti-traders......
    if not anything atleast traders are consistent in what they do unlike anti-traders...
    Level 3 •••••••••
    onwards......

..how very convinient of these anti-traders to blame all these short comings on traders ...so that they can potray themselves as the saviour of this bit torrent wordl......its very easy to point out others mistake rather then trying to make yourself a better person....

Anyone who labels themselves an anti-trader is an idiot and usually has a hidden agenda anyway. As we have seen in the last few months there have been many traders maintaining multiple a/c's as anti-traders (or hot swedish teenage girls ). Anyone who believes a tracker is better because it is more rare is sad mistaken, so anyone who follows the WTAW thread as a bible whether they are traders or not simply do not have a clue.

I personally think giving away invites randomly for btrep is almost as bad as trading. If people actually spent the time getting to know others and then inviting e-friends that they have gotten to know and like over a period of time then they show that they are caring for the private sites that they are members of. Just disposing of a/c's or invites via giveaway or trading shows at the very least disrespect for the sites which you wish to be a member of.

Also in reverse stitched there have been many threads of 'I will give up trading if someone invites me to FtN' , so it seems that people pick and choose which sites to respect the rules of based on how rare they are.
    It is this chasing of trackers based on the level of rarity that I find rather stupid myself, or the feeding frenzy which surrounds the latest trendy tracker to be seen at.
    It seems to be far less about being apart of the bt community and far more about the collection of private tracker memberships that you have, the more 'prestigous' collection making you somehow more elite ?
    Last edited by Artemis; 02-25-2009 at 01:22 PM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    abosamer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    Because Fst would loose a lot of it's userbase if they didn't allow trading. It would also hurt the Bt section and as a result we the whole Fst would turn out like the Lounge.
    Don't talk shite, this was a disparate and varied forum long before BT trading was allowed here. The lounge was the lounge and it allowed people to spam if they wanted, meaning that everywhere else tended to stay on topic. So people who wanted to have serious discussions on a variety of topics did just that.

The lounge was made the way it was for that very reason, it was a conscious decision taken by the staff and members and it worked. There's no reason to suggest that it would change without the BT section. Indeed I would argue that the only place outside of the lounge (spam section) where spam occurs is the BT section, with people posting shite to get invites to private trackers.

I didn't ever enter the lounge cause i don't understand anything they write , everything there is almost nonsense , and that's my opinion and while other pple like it so I won't give my opinion about getting rid of that section .

And why I post this reply is , that the onlt place where i can find solution to my problem with PCs and any thing related to PCs , is FST .

So FST is a great place with BT trade section and without it

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Oh but it is serious business, and complete with hilarious fights about the various levels being fought by 'factions' of traders. The WTAW thread is a bibleand is quoted in its entirity on many other forums that trade invites and/or accounts. Within days of the TTC 'review' and its unveiling as a topsite many foreign language forums were abuzz with info about it. This one thread does affect so many peoples opinions, just look at the discussions on trade section whenever a n00b trader gets it wrong and all the others descend on him saying you'll never get this tracker for that one its level is too low. It is the WTAW thread which started the thinking in levels, it is influential in the thinking of so many and being off-hand about it's affect on the community in no way alters that effect.
    It absolutely is the WTAW thread which drives this nutty little stockmarket that is the trade section and you are deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

Level 3 •••••••••
    onwards......

I think what you're refering to are collectors. these people enter invite forums and try to be nice, choosing the long but more sure way. Some are really good at it. they give away invites and receive invites. finally they get to a point where all they're missing to complete their collection is the ''F** trackers''. Oh and maybe some T* and r*vo*t ones (I might have missed a few). The fact is that these people don't actually use stuff they download (some get seedboxes to impress other people with their l33t ratios). No harm in that, at least I get stuff at a faster speed.
    Then comes the critical moment. they want FTN or whatever and they're tired of waiting 8it's been months, lol). So they start trading or giving away accounts (which is the same in a tracker's point of view). At the worst case, they give up on getting their ''dream tracker'' and start selling invites/accs.
    What's interesting about them is that they give away invites without any rules, they just need the rep.

I know what I'm talking about as I've seen some do it. they think I'm not gonna get it here, I'll go somewhere else.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    We need Ovisan here to give us his well formulated POV. He seems to know so much about why tradeing/traders are allowed here.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    CaliPirate's Avatar Member
    I'm glad to see they're allowed somewhere

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    bentomans's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    i believe that traders(without money) is always better than some fake people that make GA .

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    lol...i remember that being one of my first questions here on Fst...i seemingly misspelled(like i misspelled this) traders as "tarders", which went on to become a joke..aand thus my Title!
    Spoiler: Show

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast